Facial Recognition editing

TerraMaster smart photo management tool
photojoe1978
United States of America

Facial Recognition editing

Post by photojoe1978 »

I am new to using the Terra Photos app and I'm in the process of making this my source for clients to be able to access digital photographs. I am finding the application somewhat hard to use and based on what I read related to the built in AI I'm not sure if I'm just missing something. So let me start by saying I like to create albums that make it easier to find things for a specific date, but I find it very hard to quickly add photo's to those albums because of the way they upload and get grouped when uploaded. So it would be really helpful to be able to be able to select a photo and then shift click to select a larger number of images. The having to click on each individual image is useless and takes way too long. So that's kind of gripe one and if I'm missing something please let me know.

The second thing is with the Facial Recognition AI. I'm not sure if I'm just missing something but looking at this page:
https://www.terra-master.com/uk/terra-photos/
It states that there should be manual ways to fix or update faces, but I'm not seeing any options to update or add faces and when I look at the ones that the system has found some of them I'm not really sure what face it's actually recognizing due to the number of people in the actual image. So are there advertised features that just haven't been release yet?

I am really hoping that I will be able to use this software to organize and share photos going forward, but so far it's just not the application I was hoping it was based on the information that is presented on the website.
scout71
Italy

Re: Facial Recognition editing

Post by scout71 »

I'm joining the discussion because the topic is relevant. In facial recognition, when you select the face to give "a name", if you want to reunite faces belonging to the same person but divided into different groups, the process is very slow. You have to select one group at a time and associate it. It would be much more convenient to associate multiple groups to a single face. In my case I have recognized almost 2,000 different faces but in reality many are of the same person, I don't think I will exceed a hundred... however, aggregating them all, one by one, is a very long and tedious process, if I could select several groups instead it would be much faster and easier.
However, to date, since it started, the program has improved a lot, so congratulations for the effort ... but it still has to grow to be usable comfortably, although I'm sure it will become really well done.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

scout71 wrote: 06 May 2023, 00:53 I'm joining the discussion because the topic is relevant. In facial recognition, when you select the face to give "a name", if you want to reunite faces belonging to the same person but divided into different groups, the process is very slow. You have to select one group at a time and associate it. It would be much more convenient to associate multiple groups to a single face. In my case I have recognized almost 2,000 different faces but in reality many are of the same person, I don't think I will exceed a hundred... however, aggregating them all, one by one, is a very long and tedious process, if I could select several groups instead it would be much faster and easier.
However, to date, since it started, the program has improved a lot, so congratulations for the effort ... but it still has to grow to be usable comfortably, although I'm sure it will become really well done.
Thank you for your feedback.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davidecavestro

Post by davidecavestro »

I still miss a way to select multiple automatically recognized faces and merge into a prevously named one

Return to “Terra Photos”