Crucial MX500 raid status risky?

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
ziggo

Crucial MX500 raid status risky?

Post by ziggo »

hello, i installed 2 crucial mx500 SOLID DISKS SATA as raid pool but it says to me them are risky as disks status (not supported?)

how i can fix them? :(

thanks
Attachments
terra2.jpg
terra1.jpg
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Crucial MX500 raid status risky?

Post by TMLyy »

Please use the hard drive models listed on our compatibility list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tommi2day
Germany

Post by tommi2day »

I am running a Raid5 with 4xMX500 2TB without any problems and warnings (so far). Do you have some smart errors on one of your drives?

The provided compatibility list looks a little bit outdated, can not believe the Samsung SSD list ends with the very old 8xx models and no pro model listed. The same for crucial. Why it should not be used? Its not marked as "Not recommanded" as we see in the hdd list. Means more "never tested" ?

Thomas
main: T9-450
ziggo

Post by ziggo »

tommi2day wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 17:31 I am running a Raid5 with 4xMX500 2TB without any problems and warnings (so far). Do you have some smart errors on one of your drives?

The provided compatibility list looks a little bit outdated, can not believe the Samsung SSD list ends with the very old 8xx models and no pro model listed. The same for crucial. Why it should not be used? Its not marked as "Not recommanded" as we see in the hdd list. Means more "never tested" ?

Thomas
yes, one my friend told me there was an error ( raw read error rate to 1) and report uncorrect to 1 , not sure if is for that

sent the image, the other disk there are no errors.

one my friend told me could be a factory defect
Attachments
prova 2.jpg
prova.jpg
tommi2day
Germany

Post by tommi2day »

probably, this might be the reason TOS is not accepting your drive. If you make for test a basic volume only with the error-free SSD, it will be created? If it really a compatibility issue as suggested by @TMLyy it should also reject this drive
main: T9-450

Return to “Storage”