The Flexible Disk Array -- TerraMaster TRAID

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: The Flexible Disk Array -- TerraMaster TRAID

Post by Gremlin »

AntonioC wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 22:08 Hey, Can I move a TRAID disk into another (Terramaster) NAS using a newer TOS from the one it was created?
If you mean a single disk of a TRAID array, no, I don't think so. TOS is a mirrored raid array [Raid-1] containing the operating system and other basic system requirements. Adding a "non-matching" disk will create problems with the basic array(s) [mirrored partitions] holding the operating system.
In case of hardware failure, can I replace the NAS with a newer TOS and keep the disk array and data?
As above, you may be misunderstanding the TOS arrangement. You could obtain a matching or compatible NAS (check specs and get TM advice if needed) without disks and mount the TRAID disks in it. It will then boot from the established array(s) and will run whatever TOS version is on the disk array.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Ksanto

Re: The Flexible Disk Array -- TerraMaster TRAID

Post by Ksanto »

Could not find any specifics, only benefits/cases mentioned with 5 drives.

Is there any benefit of using TRAID witht only two drives in an two bay housing (F2-220)? Like: Can USB drives be included in TRADE or something?

Can I read the drive data in an emergency case on another linux system when using TRAID with only two drives (like with raid 1)?

Regards
Ksanto

Return to “Know More About TOS 5”