Webserver Virtuall Host Wordpress

Using Web Server, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB.
TiggerMS
Germany

Webserver Virtuall Host Wordpress

Post by TiggerMS »

Hello,
I installed WordPress as a virtual host. The installation went quite well so far. WordPress is running. Although only with php7.x but it works. Only when I try to update the themes or Wordpress do I get the following error message:

//
Update WordPress

Download the update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/release ... -6.2.2.zip

Unzip the updated version...

Directory could not be created.

The installation went wrong
//

What can I do to solve this problem. It seems to me that I do not have the necessary rights to the directory.
I've already tried to set the rights or owner via ssh with chmod. But that doesn't seem to have any effect.
I'm very thankful for your help,

Mark.
TMLeeh

Re: Webserver Virtuall Host Wordpress

Post by TMLeeh »

Please follow these steps:

1.Enter the installation directory of WordPress. For example: cd /Volume1/@apps/wordpress/
2.Use the chown command to modify the webui folder, change the users and user groups to your own TNAS account name.For example: chown -R root:root webui
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

Hello and thank you.
Although it referred to the web server and there to a VirtualHost, it also worked there.
Many thanks for the help.
Greetings Markus
TiggerMS
Germany

Post by TiggerMS »

Now comes a new problem. As soon as I set the PHP version for Wordpress 6.3 to 8.1, this error message appears:

"Your PHP installation does not appear to have the MySQL extension required by WordPress.

Please check if the PHP extension mysqli is installed and activated.

If you are unsure what these terms mean, you should contact your web hosting support. If you still need help, you can always visit the WordPress support forums."

It seems that your PHP does not support some functions. Is it correct that way?

greeting
Mark

Return to “Web Server/PHP/MySQL/MariaDB”