TRAID and USB copy problems.

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Tricky
Great Britain

TRAID and USB copy problems.

Post by Tricky »

Having set up my other F5-221 as TRAID i was intending to copy the contents of the RAID and single disks in the other F5-221 via USB copy onto the newly setup TRAID F5-221 and then once copied set up the other as TRAID however I have now run into a problem the RAID disk which is in a caddy and connected to the TRAID F5 is visible in the HDD list but is not mounted, is this because it's a RAID disk or is there something I am missing?

According to @claudiocarli post and the reply form admin, it can be done? viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3191&hilit=TRAID
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TRAID and USB copy problems.

Post by TMroy »

Copy from one TNAS to another TNAS with USB Copy? How?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Take a drive from one TNAS and put in a powered USB caddy, plug into the other TNAS USB port and hit USB copy, however as I said the drive shows up as connected in the disk menu but won't show in USB copy menu maybe because it's RAID perhaps?

Can you recommend a way to copy selected content from one machine to another that's reasonably quick? Other than copy and paste on a PC?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Your idea is feasible but there are significant difficulties.
The assemblage of RAID and subsequent storage preparation work are generally automatically executed after starting TNAS. When you directly connect RAID to USB, it cannot automatically assembe RAID and complete storage preparation work.
Although this process can be completed by restarting or manually assemblage, due to the possibility of conflicting storage configurations from two TNAS, we do not recommend doing so.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Have you considered rsync? Seems it was made for this type of process.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You can use Rsync backup or mount folders from one TNAS to another TNAS via SMB or NFS, then back up your data in folders with TFM.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)

Return to “File Services”