Can't edit text files

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
topo01
Germany

Can't edit text files

Post by topo01 »

System:
F2-220 on version TOS 5.0.176 (x.86)

In file manager if I double click a txt file, or right click 'Open', nothing happens. In TOS4 I used to be able to edit txt file directly from file manager in TOS. Tried on two different laptops (both Win10 with Chrome) and Android (Opera). Also I can't find Text Editor in App Store.
F2-220, TOS 5.1.123 (8GB system partition), Docker 2.0.16 (Nextcloud, AdGuard Home), Terra Photos 2.0.13
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't edit text files

Post by TMzethar »

The currently missing text editor function is still under development and will be available in a future version
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
topo01
Germany

Post by topo01 »

Oh, thanks for clarifying.
So does that mean that it's still missing also in TOS 5.1?
F2-220, TOS 5.1.123 (8GB system partition), Docker 2.0.16 (Nextcloud, AdGuard Home), Terra Photos 2.0.13
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Yes, please wait for future versions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
topo01
Germany

Post by topo01 »

Hi,
Can you make a text editor app available through the App Centre, please?
I ask because currently I'm too busy to do the re-initialization required to get the larger 8GB system partition so I will be stuck on TOS 5.1.33 for the next few months and won't be able to benefit from newer versions.
Hence, getting a text editor on the App Centre would be a very much appreciated short term help for me.
Kind regards!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}topo01
Sorry for any inconvenience caused to your use. We are planning to integrate the text editor into file manager and will reconsider your feedback.
You can temporarily access TNAS using SMB and then edit it through a computer editor.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
topo01
Germany

Post by topo01 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMRyan
Noted.
Thanks!

Return to “Others”