TD2 Hardware Compatibility issue NEED HELP

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
crisisacting

Re: TD2 Hardware Compatibility issue NEED HELP

Post by crisisacting »

deetee wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 15:57 So you tried this board before, workable right?
coz the computer staff told me they worried will not work. that's what really fucks me up. lol.
thanks thanks, i think imma go ahead with this board.
The board literally has an integrated Intel JHL8540 ThunderBolt 4 controller (this review shows it), so that staff are incorrect.

Just be aware (per the manual) that you cannot ever populate the bottom PCIe slot (PCIe 3.0 x16_3) as that shares its bandwidth with the ThunderBolt 4 controller.
deetee

Re: TD2 Hardware Compatibility issue NEED HELP

Post by deetee »

crisisacting wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 18:10
deetee wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 15:57 So you tried this board before, workable right?
coz the computer staff told me they worried will not work. that's what really fucks me up. lol.
thanks thanks, i think imma go ahead with this board.
The board literally has an integrated Intel JHL8540 ThunderBolt 4 controller (this review shows it), so that staff are incorrect.

Just be aware (per the manual) that you cannot ever populate the bottom PCIe slot (PCIe 3.0 x16_3) as that shares its bandwidth with the ThunderBolt 4 controller.
THANK YOU SIR!!!
I just need someone who has good knowledge in tech like you!!
very very much appreciate for the input, especially the awareness of PCIe slot that you mentioned!

Return to “Thunderbolt 3 Series”