I suspect that TNAS may have encountered a hardware problem, how can I confirm it?

About TNAS hardware
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

I suspect that TNAS may have encountered a hardware problem, how can I confirm it?

Post by TMzethar »

troubleshooting

Applicable Model
F2-220, F2-420, F4-220, F4-420, F5-420, F2-221, F2-421, F2-422, F4-221, F4-421, F4-422, F4-223,F5-221, F5-225, F5-421, F5-422, F8-421, F8-422, F2-223, F4-223, F2-423, F4-423

Phenomenon
Some users encounter failures during use and think it is possible or after some investigations that it is more likely to be a device problem, but they cannot be sure.

Countermeasures
Based on the feedback from users and the observation and analysis of some user equipment, we have summarized the types and causes of failures. This guide article can help you judge whether your TNAS hardware is still healthy, and Introduce the corresponding solutions.

1. Is there a beep when you turn on the device?

If yes, the device is probably good, proceed to step 2.

If not, please take out the battery of the device, connect the positive and negative terminals of the battery holder with iron wire for 10 seconds, then assemble the device.

Try to start TNAS again, if there is a beep, it means the device is still normal, please go to step 2.
If there is still no beep, the device is damaged.

2. Start TNAS without any hard disk installed, and wait for 1-3 minutes.
Can you find the TNAS with TNAS PC and successfully open the initialization web page?

If you can find it and open the initialization web page, it means that the USB boot system is also normal, and the problem probably exists on the TOS system in the hard disk. At this point you can try to reinstall TOS to resolve:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423

If this does not work, try re-burning the USB boot system:(Choose the correct burning method from the following two methods according to your device model)
220/420/221/421/422/:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1455
223/423:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3684
Then start TNAS again without any hard drive installed. If you still does not open the initialization page, the device is corrupt.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Hardware”