Plex disabled on TOS 5.1.24

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
skifatterunz

Plex disabled on TOS 5.1.24

Post by skifatterunz »

HI, I have a F2-220.
Few days ago, I had upgraded from TOS 4.2.x to TOS 5.0 and immediately after to TOS 5.1.24, automatic available update.
Then I reistall and configure Plex, and all works correctly.
My NAS shut down every night, so the day after Plex don't start automatically and I must manual enable it.
I upgrade PLEX at the latest version (1.32.1.6999), then uninstall it (deleting all configuration files also) and reinstall it.
After every operation, I shut down and power on NAS -NAS fail to reboot from UI, but it's another problem- but I must always enable Plex manually.
User group "media" has r/w access to Plex folder and media folder.
There is a solution?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plex disabled on TOS 5.1.24

Post by TMzethar »

We did not find this problem.
We can only guess that it may be related to the system version or file system error. You can try to detect and repair possible file system errors:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
Or you can try to update to the latest version, but before updating, here is what you need to know:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nnguye2

Re: Plex disabled on TOS 5.1.24

Post by nnguye2 »

Same issue happened to me. After reboot, the Plex app is always disabled and has to be manually enabled.

The workaround is to create a Scheduled Task to enable it:
  • Goto Control Panel > General Settings > Scheduled Tasks
  • Create a new scheduled task and follow the prompts
  • Make sure you check the Enabled scheduled task checkbox and set the Execution cycle to be when your NAS boots up (preferably 10-15 mins after booting).
  • Set Operation to Enable and Application to Plex Media Server and confirm
This will enable the Plex app at the set time when your NAS reboots.

Return to “DLNA/Multimedia Services”