TOS 5.1.34 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS 5.1.34 (X86) is Released for update

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ubercoolgeo
What you are experiencing is not necessarily the problem described above. In addition to the problem that may be caused by insufficient 2GB partitions, "white screen with the blue loading bar" may also occur when there is a problem with the file system or even the hard disk array. You may consider reinstalling to version 5.1.24/5.0.176 to rule out some possible problems. You can refer to this for more: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DERIKKU

Post by DERIKKU »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar

Guess it may be the impact of the backup, synchronization or snapshot tasks you set, please observe whether they are related in the scheduling time?
Can you access via SSH, Telnet and SAMBA when you can't access normally? (need to enable in advance)

-> TOS 5.1.34 / no backup / snapshot every monday / no access via ssh, telnet, samba or https(s). this morning also no access to the nas and the hd`s working hard. i have this run for some days but nothing happens
F5-221
TNAS 10TB
RAM 10GB
bbezanson

Post by bbezanson »

I have the F4-220 and was on 5.1.29 and should have maybe taken more warning from all of the issues others have been having.

My system had ~2TB of free space. The installation seemed to go fine but when I attempted to connect there is no response.

I powered the system off a few hours ago, then powered it on, and let it sit for the last 4 hours. Still, nothing seems to be working.

I will follow step 2 in these directions to see if that works.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423

This is not a great sign and a huge waste of time.

You really need to get these updates working properly. You have been around long enough to know how to get incremental releases where they shouldn't "brick" the device. Plus we shouldn't have to download the updates. I don't know why the automatic update mechanism seems to have been broken for 5.x.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

bbezanson wrote: 26 May 2023, 12:09 My system had ~2TB of free space.
There's no way that your system partition had that amount of space as TOS releases have previously only had it as 2 GB and it's now 8 GB on fresh installations; your NAS likely had that amount of space free within its storage pool.
bbezanson wrote: 26 May 2023, 12:09 You really need to get these updates working properly. You have been around long enough to know how to get incremental releases where they shouldn't "brick" the device. Plus we shouldn't have to download the updates. I don't know why the automatic update mechanism seems to have been broken for 5.x.
The automatic update option is not broken as they are purposely not pushing these newer releases through it; it's manual update only with all their warnings as the first post of this thread and the immediately previous builds have stated: 5.1.31 & 5.1.33.

It's blatantly obvious that what they experienced within their internal QA process has not remotely matched the real world use cases of the install base. They truly need to have a proper external user test group with drastically different setups on several models before these manual update builds are even released on these forums and way before it's pushed out as an automatic update on the TOS web interface.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

bbezanson wrote: 26 May 2023, 12:09 Plus we shouldn't have to download the updates. I don't know why the automatic update mechanism seems to have been broken for 5.x.
Some of us prefer to do manual updates only. I don't even allow auto updates on my non-production system. I test every version before using it in a live system. These aren't iphones.
Ebecpc

Post by Ebecpc »

titanrx8 wrote: 27 May 2023, 01:54
bbezanson wrote: 26 May 2023, 12:09 Plus we shouldn't have to download the updates. I don't know why the automatic update mechanism seems to have been broken for 5.x.
Some of us prefer to do manual updates only. I don't even allow auto updates on my non-production system. I test every version before using it in a live system. These aren't iphones.
Yeah, Simple rule in life "If it an't broken and don't fix it" it's always best to have auto- updates off on a lot of IT hardware
(smart tvs/ phones/ droid sticks etc are normaly ok, any type of back up unit, servers plus other important hardware its never a great idea )

unhappliy this is the reason why i haven't upgraded to 5.0/5.1 for over a year now,
After reading in the sub forums for app's it seem over 50% i need don't work or break after updates so i can't take the chance
also a lot of the how too's for the new apps are missing or don't match up to the app

I really do want to update as i love the F5-422 as the cost and hardware build is Great, i even bought the over priced terrormaster extra ramm :lol: ,
but i can't take the chance of data loss for my clients offsite backups

Plus i don't like being a Free Beta Tester as no matter what you say unless your just using the unit as a basic media unit,
The update is not fit for service yet as you can't use the SMB apps need for companys, i hope that this gets fixed soon so i can upgade
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Ebecpc wrote: 29 May 2023, 00:11
also a lot of the how too's for the new apps are missing or don't match up to the app

Plus i don't like being a Free Beta Tester as no matter what you say unless your just using the unit as a basic media unit,
The update is not fit for service yet as you can't use the SMB apps need for companys, i hope that this gets fixed soon so i can upgade
Wish you had posted a few days ago :D
In some cases I think we are actually Alpha testing.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid.