Google Drive Sync Speed

Discussion about CloudSync.
Gareth

Google Drive Sync Speed

Post by Gareth »

It's really, really slow to sync changes. If I make a change in Google Drive online I see the change in my Google desktop app in seconds. The NAS can take very long even half an hour. Likewise, if I add a file to the NAS it can take a long time to show up in Google Drive.

I also experienced deleting some files online and they went immediately from my desktop but never from the NAS. Eventually the NAS re-uploaded the files that it should have deleted.

My Sync mode is Bidirectional. I'm on TOS 4.1.27-2006231809 with fast internet connection, plenty of free local disk space, roughly 4GB of Google drive space and no other apps running.

Can this be made more responsive and reliable?
Gareth

Re: Google Drive Sync Speed

Post by Gareth »

This app is unusable for me. It is so slow and unreliable it is causing conflicts with other users who share the folders.

I have had to uninstall it to prevent data loss.

Are you aware of these issues? Are you planning on improving them?

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can download the update package from our website and update your TOS to the latest 4.1.27-2006301044/2006291655 to see if anything better.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I already have latest TOS version.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please connect your TNAS to your computer directly via the ethernet cable, and get the transferring speed from TNAS to your computer in this way.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Transferring speed from TNAS to my computer is not the problem, that is quick and reliable. How can I test speed of TNAS internet connection?

I think the connection speed is good but if I can test this it will demonstrate the issue is the Google Drive app, not the connection speed.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can install FTP client such as File Zilla or XFTP to test the network speed.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

My network speed is fine.

The Google Drive app is faulty. Please try it for yourselves and you will see it takes many minutes to even start syncing very small changes which should be almost instant. This slow execution can cause data loss so please investigate.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Yes, we will check here.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I have an update available for the Google Drive app. What is the changelog please?