Scheduled task not running

Discussion about USB Copy.
gaz2k1uk

Scheduled task not running

Post by gaz2k1uk »

Version 2.1.52 / TOS 5.1.34

After the recent partition issues I restored the system to default giving me 8gb, after all the issues I not backup to USB using USB copy. I have a few tasks set up:

TNAS to USB / Mirror / Scheduled Tasks enabled > Everyday @ 03:00

However after a reset the tasks page shows my created tasks (5 backup folders in total) and the details but the field "Next Run" is blank, just says "---". The time then passes, have left extra time due to a time mismatch which I have already reported and it does not back up. I run manually and it works but does not run when specified. I tried to removed and re-add the task however the issue not only reoccurs but overwrites the whole backup, not just reflecting the changes. I have some large folders so can take several hours doing this.

Why does this not run as a scheduled task when its supposed to?
Setup:
System: F2-422
HD: x2 6GB IronWolf 6TB (RAID 0)
Notes: 8GB System Partition!

Backup:
USB COPY: Seagate 8GB External Expansion HDD
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Scheduled task not running

Post by TMroy »

This issue has been verified. A new version of USB Copy will be released to fix the issue soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gaz2k1uk

Post by gaz2k1uk »

Thanks, do we know when this release will be pushed?
Setup:

Backup:
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Could be in one or two weeks.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

TMroy wrote: 27 May 2023, 12:06 Could be in one or two weeks.
well given the current time frame of waiting for an update to the time issue, thats a rather optimistic view
F2-210

Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Grateful if someone could clarify if this is an issue with "Scheduled Tasks" (as defined in control panel) or tasks set in "USB Copy". Is there a difference?
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Gremlin wrote: 27 May 2023, 17:47 Grateful if someone could clarify if this is an issue with "Scheduled Tasks" (as defined in control panel) or tasks set in "USB Copy". Is there a difference?
My scheduled USB copies thru the USB Copy utility have not been happening as scheduled (everyday at 6pm). I've been using incremental. When I run the team manually it works properly.

I have not tried setting this thru the Scheduled Tasks utility. (I was surprised that setting the task in USB Copy didn't create a task in the Scheduled Tasks utility. That would have been the logical place for it to have visibility.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

titanrx8 wrote: 27 May 2023, 21:18
(I was surprised that setting the task in USB Copy didn't create a task in the Scheduled Tasks utility. That would have been the logical place for it to have visibility.
Exactly.
Since I was having trouble with USB Copy anyway, not much sense in me pursuing it until this issue is resolved.
Thanks
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
gaz2k1uk

Post by gaz2k1uk »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

Hi, Any new on when the update will be pushed?
Setup:

Backup:
mithito

Post by mithito »

There is an update (v2.0.160) and something has changed but it shows the programmed "Next run" for tasks that were already configured on a past date. And it does not look like it is triggering my daily tasks. I tried manually runing them to see if the "Next run" field updates but it keeps showing same date in the past. I'll wait and check if the process is trigerred and field updated during this night at the programmed hour but I suspect they will not. And I'll try creating new tasks, but this is something I do not want to do because it will be a terrible fix if we have to re-do all our tasks to have them working again.