I get a JavaScript error when I try to run TNAS PC

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
kraich

I get a JavaScript error when I try to run TNAS PC

Post by kraich »

I am running TNAS PC version 5.0.35 on Windows 11. My NAS is an F2-221 running TOS 5.1.24.
Everything has been working fine for months, but today I began having a problem getting into the NAS with TNAS PC.

When I launch TNAS PC, it displays the attached JavaScript error.
When I click the OK button, it finds my F2-221 with the correct IP address, but when I click it, select the "Login" icon, enter my Username/Password, and click the Confirm button...the button changes to a grey "Configuring..." notation and says stuck indefinately.
I can click "Cancel" and then the "Access File" icon...and I can access all the files on my NAS but, of course, I cannot configure the NAS from here.

What I've tried:
- I deleted TNAS PC from my computer and reinstalled it from a fresh download of the app. Same problem.
- I installed TNAS PC on a Windows 10 machine. Same problem.
- I enter the IP address of the NAS into my browser (both with and without specifying port :5443) and get a "This site can’t be reached" error.
- I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers and cannot connect to the NAS (Edge gives me a "Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.0.195 refused to connect." error).

What can I try next to get around this error?
kraich

Re: I get a JavaScript error when I try to run TNAS PC

Post by kraich »

Sorry, the attachment didn't get included. See below:
TNASJavaScriptErrorFull.jpg
markashman

Post by markashman »

I have got same issue this morning. IP has been assigned to different range 10.0.0 instead of new 192.168.50, so can fix access but manually assigning, but no idea why the error.
kraich

Post by kraich »

Solution found:
24 hours after I started getting the JavaScript error, that error went away.
It must have been something that fixed itself within the NAS because now the JavaScript error neither appears on my Windows 11 PC nor on my Windows 10 PC.
I still could not get into TOS from TNAS PC because it still hung with the "Configuring" button (like before).

To solve the issue I performed the procedure shown in viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
(Method 2) and everything now works. I had to reenter the users and their permissions and enable protocols, but all the data was still intact.

Everything is now working as before.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”