Hibernation not working?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Hibernation not working?

Post by TMroy »

Please double check your working scenario refer to this article.viewtopic.php?f=75&t=473
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Thanks but as I said in an earlier post and in reply to your emails everything is turned off. There are NO apps installed, NO USB devices plugged in either and no drives mounted from external devices.

After installing the update it had re-enabled things like CIFS, NFS, FTP etc but I have turned all of them off again. Clearly having all these turned off is not conducive to a working system but I did it just to test hibernation.

It still does not hibernate and the drives are accessed every few minutes.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Would you like our tech team to check for you by a remote session?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Yes that’s fine, just let me know
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

so please write an email to support(a)terra-master.com, Tell them your issue and ask for a remote session. I will also tell them you will write them email.
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Thanks they already have emails so I’ll reply again.
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

I still haven't managed to arrange a remote support session as due to the time difference it can only happen first thing for me and that coincides with a daily call I have for work....

Have there been any more general updates/progress on the matter?
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

TMroy wrote: 28 Apr 2020, 22:38 We did not find any hibernation issue currently in x.86 version TOS 4.1.21.

So to make sure your drives can activate hibernation correctly
1. Check again if there are application running;
2. Check if there are any snapshot or schedule backup running;
3. Make sure sign out the OS and close the webpage;
4. Make sure your mobile app is inactive;
I have F2-221 with Intel J3355 running TOS 4.1.24-2005151013 and have set the disk sleep to 30 minutes. Then rebooted and did all of your above 4 points and rebooted again. The NAS is used only for Sunday weekly backup of PCs. One application file is manually copied to the NAS every few days.

I check the SMART data for the drives - the start-stop-count and power-cycle-count only increments when I power off and restart. When I log on a few days since last logon, the power-on-hours for the drives is incremented by the number of hours since the last log-on. The drives are still spinning 100% of the time that the NAS is powered on.

Why aren't the drives shutting down?
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

Since 4.1.28 (current 4.1.29; both Beta !) Hibernation is working and also the Fans.
Terramaster F4-210
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Thanks.

Didn't realize there was another update so soon.