Plz help me VERY CONFUSED!

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
ZaviausFtL

Plz help me VERY CONFUSED!

Post by ZaviausFtL »

Hello I have had my TNAS F2-210 for a little while now but have never truly had the time to get into it. So I installed the hard drive and I have files on the server. This is where I have my customers invoices saved as well as other files in other folders. My SmartTV and PS4 have been used to get to the files. In my head I should not keep them on the PC that is easily accessible. So I never had any issues getting to the files when needed. Lately things are weird or different for me. When I look on the PS4, I see my TNAS(MEDIA). When I open the TNAS(MEDIA) icon, I see my folders and files etc and able to open them. If I back out of there and then try to go back in, i get the message NO PLAYABLE MEDIA but I just played media from there. What is going on? Did I do something wrong?

Is it possible for me to reinstall the server as if brand new without losing any of my files that are saved on the drive? If so, can someone assist me with the proper steps so that I do not do something incorrectly? I know very little about networking, etc. Please help me someone. I just would like to access and save my files and view them whenever needed and hopefully have them safe and secure from being accessed by anyone without my authorization.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Plz help me VERY CONFUSED!

Post by TMLyy »

What is your system version? Is it accessed using a multimedia server or using SMB? You can re-download the multimedia server settings directory, reinstall it with factory settings, or try resetting the system configuration.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “DLNA/Multimedia Services”