F5-221 - High Resource Utilization, System Not Accessible After ~15 Minutes

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
Mascott

Re: F5-221 - High Resource Utilization, System Not Accessible After ~15 Minutes

Post by Mascott »

TMSupport wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 18:02 Please try to log in to the SSH terminal and disable the btrfs quota.

Code: Select all

btrfs quota disable /Volume1
disable_quota.png
Circling back on this in the interest of documentation, I was able to take this step by SSHing in ASAP after boot and the system has been running smoothly in a stable state for an hour with seemingly no loss of data.

My expectation is that this change would not persist across reboots and next time the system comes down for whatever reason, I would run into the same issue - is there a way to make this change persist across reboots, or is there any downside to disabling the quota that I need to be aware of? Is the RAID5 redundancy any less stable?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please update to 5.1.33
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DERIKKU

Post by DERIKKU »

My expectation is that this change would not persist across reboots and next time the system comes down for whatever reason, I would run into the same issue - is there a way to make this change persist across reboots, or is there any downside to disabling the quota that I need to be aware of? Is the RAID5 redundancy any less stable?

same here and samba config is also not persist after reboot. TOS 5.1.33 with btrfs TRAID

the nas is every day on the same time off for access only power reset will work
F5-221
TNAS 10TB
RAM 10GB
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Did you mean the smb disabled after your TNAS reboot?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DERIKKU

Post by DERIKKU »

TMroy wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 23:56 Did you mean the smb disabled after your TNAS reboot?
no. when i delete in samba.conf usbshare1 and usbshare2 (i dont have a usbdrive), after a reboot this is also in the samba.conf and in the samba network i see this folder (without i see this in the tos webadmin). When i delte this in samaba.conf than i dont see this folder in the network
F5-221
TNAS 10TB
RAM 10GB
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DERIKKU

The problem you mentioned seems to have little to do with the situation described in the topic, and the modification of "btrfs quota disable" can continues to work.
Regarding what you said about usbshare1 and usbshare2 showing up every time you boot. We recommend that you keep the phenomenon, generate and download a log report at TOS > Technical Support > Issues Report, then send to us for analysis.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
DERIKKU

Post by DERIKKU »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar

well i have do this, but the log is to big for sending. and i think it is the same. btrfs quota disable and other things is after a reboot back to default?
F5-221
TNAS 10TB
RAM 10GB
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}DERIKKU

No, btrfs quota disable doesn't reset after reboot. As for other configurations or services, what exactly do you need to know?
Regarding the log report that is too large, you can upload it to NAS or network disk, and provide it to us through the sharing link.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

TMroy wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 09:45 Please update to 5.1.33
For further documentation, updating to the latest version of TNAS does seem to fix this issue between reboots and I have not had a recurrence of the problem running a BTRFS TRAID volume. I was not aware there was a new version available, as the system update utility in TNAS 5.1.24 did not display that a new version was available when checking for updates.

Return to “System Resources”