U4-111 equipment has lowered raids

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
dkaox10

U4-111 equipment has lowered raids

Post by dkaox10 »

Hello I am korean
English is poor, please understand
The previous firmware version was updated from version 4.2.39 to version 5.1.29 recently.

After the update, the device (u4-111) started to sound a buzzer, and after creating a super account, the "RAID is degraded" indication appeared

I'm using 4 disks of 10TB and I'm using RAID5.

All 4 disks came up as normal, and the disk in slot 2 was automatically dropped from the RAID configuration.

It was confirmed that only slot 1, slot 3, and slot 4 were configured as RAID, and only slot 2 was changed to a single disk.

To tell you one more thing, I couldn't access the web page and SMB due to a sudden power outage a few days ago.
This is a problem that occurred after updating the firmware while reinstalling the system.

I just did a simple system reinstallation, but can the RAID suddenly break?

Can I just simply rebuild the currently dropped disk slot 2 using raid recovery in the pool?

I can see disk 2 in raid recovery.

However, I was worried that the data would be lost, so I couldn't try it, and I'm currently taking a backup to another NAS.

Is it a task that can be easily recovered without data loss by doing raid recovery?

Ask the support team for help
powerQ

Re: U4-111 equipment has lowered raids

Post by powerQ »

A sudden power outage could be very hurtful to your device and storage. Hopefully, the TM team can bring you help, good luck.

By the way, from the release notes, to update to 5.1.29 your system minimum version needs to be 5.1.24, how can you update from 4.2.39?
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dkaox10
In general, reinstalling TOS will not lose data, and it may be abnormal caused by other reasons such as power failure.
Judging from the current situation, the lack of one disk in RAID5 should not affect the integrity of the data.
Please try to remove the single disk 2 then plug it back into the U4-111.
After that you can edit the RAID5 and choose the single disk 2 to repaire the RAID.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dkaox10

Post by dkaox10 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}powerQ

4.2.39 does not update immediately
I went ahead with a factory reset
dkaox10

Post by dkaox10 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar

Thank you for answer

I will do as you said and let me know the result.

Return to “Initialization”