How do I add new HDD

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
GoldenSpider

How do I add new HDD

Post by GoldenSpider »

This may seem like a stupid question, but I genuinely can't figure it out

I just bought and installed a new HDD as my current HDD is getting full

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to add the HDD in TOS

I can set it up as a new storage pool and volume, but when I try to edit my current storage pool or volume to have it add the second HDD it does not give any option for that

my previous HDD was a 6TB one and my new one is a 14TB one

I do not want to RAID or anything like that. I want to combine the two of them so I have a useable total of 20TB

I dont NEED to set up the new HDD as an extension to the volume/storage pool, but even still when I then set up the new HDD as a new storage pool/volume I can't figure out how to actually access the new volume or storage pool to add files to it, or folders, etc. TOS is "locked" into Volume 1 and I can't figure out a way to get out of it

Any help is most appreciated
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How do I add new HDD

Post by TMSupport »

If you currently create single-disk mode with one hard drive, adding new hard drives to single-disk mode is not supported.
You can create a new storage pool and volume with the new hard disk, and then create shared folders on the volume to store data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
GoldenSpider

Post by GoldenSpider »

How do I do that, as mentioned before. i can not get file explorer to get into Volume 2 to create any folders or move any files
GoldenSpider

Post by GoldenSpider »

In trying to figure this out I also Accidentally set up RAID on the drives, is there a way to remove RAID without deleting the volume/pool entirely and losing all my Data?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

GoldenSpider wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 01:39 How do I do that, as mentioned before. i can not get file explorer to get into Volume 2 to create any folders or move any files
Please go to Control Panel - Shared Folder to create a shared folder belonging to volume 2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

GoldenSpider wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 01:55 In trying to figure this out I also Accidentally set up RAID on the drives, is there a way to remove RAID without deleting the volume/pool entirely and losing all my Data?
You can only backup data first.