Created second storage pool/volume, can't access first one

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
tres

Created second storage pool/volume, can't access first one

Post by tres »

Hey guys,

as above, I created a second storage pool to create a second volume with three new drives. Now I can't access my old volume! I can still see Volume 1 in TOS and it looks like my data is still there but if I connect the NAS via AFP and my main admin user his folder is empty.

Thanks!
T6-423 - TOS 5.0 - 3x16TB Seagate IronWolf Pro / 3x3TB WD Red/Green (BTRFS/TRAID)
tres

Re: Created second storage pool/volume, can't access first one

Post by tres »

Just to add, my home folder for said user seems to now be located on Volume 2.
T6-423 - TOS 5.0 - 3x16TB Seagate IronWolf Pro / 3x3TB WD Red/Green (BTRFS/TRAID)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Go to Control Panel - Shared Folder, click "More" - "Advanced Settings" to restore the shared folders to the original volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
tres

Post by tres »

TMSupport wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 17:47 Go to Control Panel - Shared Folder, click "More" - "Advanced Settings" to restore the shared folders to the original volume.
You are my hero, thank you!
tres

Post by tres »

TMSupport wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 17:47 Go to Control Panel - Shared Folder, click "More" - "Advanced Settings" to restore the shared folders to the original volume.
This worked for now, but sadly after a reboot of the NAS the user folder is back to Volume 2 and is not visible in "Shared Folder" to set it back to Volume 1 as you suggested. :(
tres

Post by tres »

Another reboot and "Restore Shared Folders to Volume 1" later I can access the folder via AFP/SMB again, still the folder is not visible in Control Panel > Shared Folder.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The user folder will not be displayed in the shared folder list. It is normal if you can access it in file manager.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”