WiFi crashes when uploading

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
Xcentric

WiFi crashes when uploading

Post by Xcentric »

I have a f2-221 and an asus ac2600 for my router, which im connected with LAN.

- If i upload a big file (roughly 2-5GB) to the nas, and it would usually upload at 120mbps, my router will "crash" everything will be disconnected.

- Same as when i upload wirelessly with more files but smaller in size

Do I have to get a better, more capable router with better cpu core count? Or are there any other work around? Thanks!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: WiFi crashes when uploading

Post by TMSupport »

Does all the equipment in the LAN crash or only the TNAS crash?
If the LAN is crash, try replacing the router. If not, try copying large files from shared folder A to shared folder B, there may be problems with the hard disk and reading and writing will cause a crash.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Xcentric

Re: WiFi crashes when uploading

Post by Xcentric »

Any devices which is connected to the wifi will disconnect as if the router has been shut off, including my connection to TOS, but after restarting the router, the transfer will resume and finish.
Will try to do a copy from shared folder A to B later on. But if that works without any crashes, i will have to get a better router right? Just wanna make sure before replacing, don't want to have spend on a router and have it still doing the same thing.

Return to “File Services”