Terra Photos

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
PhilWojo

Re: Terra Photos

Post by PhilWojo »

Ok, thanks for that, I kind of found that after I posted, but took some digging so glad you confirmed for me. Not ideal for me, but I just got my 1st ever NAS so live and learn.
eeeney

Post by eeeney »

For Face AI to process/run, do I need to refresh the Media Index in TOS control panel?

I ask because if I select/enable media indexing in the control panel, then select 'apply', the page refreshes and media indexing is no longer selected/applied. No indexing seems to happen.

Media Indexing was running previously, but hasn't run for 5 days and will not stay selected.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hi, what is your system version? and please log in to the terminal through ssh and copy some logs ,and then send them to our technical support email:
how to log in ssh

Log of media index:

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/media.log /Volume1/public/
Copy the logs of the media index database:

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/mediadb/mediadb.log /Volume1/public/
Then go to the public directory and pull it down.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
runrunrun2022

Post by runrunrun2022 »

Hi All,

My TOS 5 App Center does not have Terra Photos as an option to install. What is the process to get Terra Photos installed on the NAS?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}runrunrun2022

What is the TOS version you have installed? Please keep it up to date.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
runrunrun2022

Post by runrunrun2022 »

TMSupport wrote: 05 Sep 2022, 18:47 What is the TOS version you have installed? Please keep it up to date.
My TOS version is 5.0.123 which as per the system states its the latest, i have the F2-221 NAS. Can you please confirm what i can do to download the App?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

If you updated to 5.0.123 from the beta version, now you need to reinstall the official version 5.0.166. After that you can search for TerraPhotos in the app center.
freman

Post by freman »

I'm gonna give up on terra photos for now.

It's quite unreliable, extremely slow, and did I mention quite unreliable.

```
[84651.023193] mediaindex[14600]: segfault at 91 ip 00007fdf1446937a sp 00007fdf0bea9a90 error 4 in libpq.so.5.13[7fdf14457000+42000]
[84651.023215] Code: 8a ff ff 48 83 c4 20 5b 5d 41 5c c3 c3 48 85 ff 0f 84 9e 00 00 00 41 55 41 54 55 53 48 83 ec 18 48 89 fb 31 ed 4c 8d 6c 24 08 <48> 8b bb 90 00 00 00 3b ab 98 00 00 00 7d 39 4c 63 e5 4d 6b e4 28
```
JayBlingham

Post by JayBlingham »

I 100% agree. I've really been trying to give it a fair shot but sending me a billion emails last night telling me the "media index is complete" was the last straw.

It did manage to complete an index of my nearly 50,000 pictures (roughly 82GB), and I was able to see the photos in the "Public" tab, but it was extremely slow to load even the first page of those photos and was completely unusable. I even gave it the benefit of the doubt and enabled the AI recognition to see if I could at least get those albums to work, which should (in theory) cause only a subset of the photos to load. I gave that over 5 days to run, and maybe it's because I'm running an older model (F5-221) but it always just kept saying "AI indexing in progress, please wait!" (or something like that).

Given that it was useless, and I was getting constant emails about the index completing, and while the index was running constant emails about the system being "sluggish" - I've decided to uninstall Terra Photos and turn off all indexing.

freman wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 10:22 I'm gonna give up on terra photos for now.

Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
criminal

Post by criminal »

JayBlingham wrote: 26 Sep 2022, 18:51 I 100% agree. I've really been trying to give it a fair shot but sending me a billion emails last night telling me the "media index is complete" was the last straw.

It did manage to complete an index of my nearly 50,000 pictures (roughly 82GB), and I was able to see the photos in the "Public" tab, but it was extremely slow to load even the first page of those photos and was completely unusable. I even gave it the benefit of the doubt and enabled the AI recognition to see if I could at least get those albums to work, which should (in theory) cause only a subset of the photos to load. I gave that over 5 days to run, and maybe it's because I'm running an older model (F5-221) but it always just kept saying "AI indexing in progress, please wait!" (or something like that).

Given that it was useless, and I was getting constant emails about the index completing, and while the index was running constant emails about the system being "sluggish" - I've decided to uninstall Terra Photos and turn off all indexing.

freman wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 10:22 I'm gonna give up on terra photos for now.

I have to agree with all of this and have no idea if this is just expected behavior.
It's crazy to me that just mapping the drive or photo directory to my windows machine is faster to browse through them just with windows explorer than with terra photos.
I'm very confused why it can't save or pre-generate most of the thumbnails? I indexed ~40k photos and it took awhile so why am I now having to very slowly scrolling through each in terra photos waiting for thumbnails?! Crazy slow when windows explorer beats it out.
I sincerely hoped I was just doing something wrong or missed an option for thumbnails during indexing or something but even with a very new system F2-221 and TOS 5 I can't understand what you could use this for. I tried smaller directories of only a few hundred images but the problems persist. Also it seemingly can't play .mpg files either which is disappointing.
Edit: I should add that the thumbnails that generate ARE NOT saved, you will be stuck scrolling slowly again as soon as you close and reopen Terra Photos...this can't be what's expected can it?