Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}21alpha
We already knew why this issue happened, It is estimated that there is a huge difference between your TNAS system time and your computer time. we will fix it in next update. Now you need to reinstall your TOS, please follow the method 2 in the reinstallation instruction. Download the installation package.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

I rebuilt the TNAS as per the instructions and TOS 5.0.125 was installed by default.
I noticed the language was set to Hong Kong time so I changed it to London and sync'd the time successfully.
I did this previously By the way when I first installed TOS 5 last week.
I created 2 schduled power tasks to startup the system at 8am and shutdown at 23.59. As soon as I clicked apply I received the dreaded Tips message.
The system shut down and restarted with the tips message stuck on the desktop screen still and am unable to dismiss it.
I am going to rebuild once again but this time am going nowhere near the power tasks.
Serious problem here guys if a simple task is activated and the tips message appears which basically makes the TOS desktop unusable.
Screenshots attached.
Attachments
Power settings applied Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 10.41.16.jpg
Post restart Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 10.42.43.jpg
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

rebuilt to TOS 5.0.125, installed the update to 126 and now when I open control panel or app centre or any of the icons on the desktop most are just blank. If I click on the network interface the desktop turns grey and am unable to edit anything.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please refresh your browser after update is complete.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

browser refreshed and I can now access the desktop apps however I am now unable to run Plex which is the whole reason for having the TNAS.
The app is installed but needs enabling. When I select enable I receive an "operation failed" message.
Ive since uninstalled plex then reinstalled v1.24 from the app centre. It installs but I am still unable to enable the app.
Guys this TOS really is shocking.
If I cant enable Plex then the TNAS is useless to me.
How do I enable Plex to work or can I revert back to TOS 4x?
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 12.39.29.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please try the following steps.
1. Login to the SSH terminal.
2. Execute the command below.

Code: Select all

adduser -u 6666 -G plex -h /Volume1/Plex -s /bin/false -D plex
3. Go to TOS desktop> App Center to enable the Plex.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

{L_BUTTON_AT}21alpha
Or you can try to manually install the tpk which also update plex to latest version (unofficially supported) viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3425
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

Didnt work. I received the terminal message of user 'plex' in use
I therefore rebuilt the system (yet again) to 5.0.125 and this time plex installed and worked fine.
I then updated to TOS 5.0.126 and Plex was disabled again and I couldnt enable it.
I tried your SSH command and received the same terminal message user 'plex' in use
Tried to uninstall and reinstall plex but still cant enable it
please advise
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

{L_BUTTON_AT}outkastm
Tried a fresh install of plex using this download and even though the install worked I was unable to enable plex. Tried the ssh command but still couldnt enable it. Received the terminal message user 'plex' in use
Have now uninstalled plex again
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

so I did a factory reset this time and then a manual nstall to 5.0.125 and plex installed and enabled fine. I did use a different admin user name this time. Ive also been able to install the Plex MD 1.27 successfully. Am sticking to TOS 5.0.125 for the time being. As soon as I update the TOS plex gets disbaled. Perhaps Terramaster can look into the bugs around plex and the bugs in general in TOS5 (its about as reliable as windows vista)