TOS 4.2.39(X86) is released for update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMAY

Re: TOS 4.2.39(X86) is released for update!

Post by TMAY »

Hi, what is your TOS version? Did you do anything before?
sts41

Post by sts41 »

I noticed that the version was still showing as 4.2.30-2203011626, so I tried to do a manual update. Everything seemed to work fine, but after reboot, never got my IP back.... In big trouble now.

Will need to figure out how to get this working without loosing all my data.

Thanks Steve
V8Triker
Great Britain

Post by V8Triker »

sts41 wrote: 26 May 2022, 22:48 I noticed that the version was still showing as 4.2.30-2203011626, so I tried to do a manual update. Everything seemed to work fine, but after reboot, never got my IP back.... In big trouble now.

Will need to figure out how to get this working without loosing all my data.

Thanks Steve
Download the "TNAS PC App" and it should find your unit on your network - https://support.terra-master.com/download
You can then set your IP back.
Bikers know why dogs stick their head out the window.

TNAS F5-221
TOS 4.2.39-2203011626
3X WD RED PLUS 3TB (RAID5)
2X WD Green 2TB (RAID1)
1X WD 4TB USB
sts41

Post by sts41 »

I have tried everything to get TNAS PC to discover my NAS and no luck.
Is there a way to set the NAS back to factory without console or TNAS PC?

Thanks
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky
TMroy wrote: 26 May 2022, 21:18 may I know how is your password looks like? like this: Abc1234@#? or like this: &Edd673%? you can give me your password format, just replace your letter and number, but keep the special character, we need to verify it. or you can send me via private message. Thank you!
Basically just letters and numbers, but problem solved, on restart the TNAS was visible on the network but on trying to connect the IP address was completely different IE not my network and every time I tried to input my network address it returned "wrong password" the solution was to completely reset the network and TNAS but don't understand just how the TNAS could come up with a completely random network address.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Further to my last post I have noticed that on the info pop up panel it's saying it's disconnected, yet it's running exactly the same settings as my other machine which says connected?
sts41

Post by sts41 »

Update.... So I never was able to get my original setup back.... But I was finally able to get the new TOS installed after rebuilding my Boot USB, and my main data is all still there.
I will have lots of configuration to do to get all the little thing I had working again... and I will have a comprehensive doc on how to rebuild my TNAS along with all the scripts I wrote backed up. I am a Unix admin... so bad on me for not having that already.

I got complacent, with many updates going just fine... But it only takes one. :D

It will take me a month to get all the little things working again.... But you can be sure my restore will be fully tested before I try TOS 5 :shock:

Thanks
sico

Post by sico »

Installed the update and F5-422 wont load - been seen. I plugged in a monitor, and sat for hours saying booting from Raid. I removed the hard drives and not have "booting form INIT system" - and yes from is spelt form on the screen. Nothing is Happening.

How do i recover please?
Jac de Lad

Post by Jac de Lad »

I just saw I can't create shred folders in the control panel anymore. The Create button is gone. Anyone else? Also I don't know if it's a direct effect of the last update, I didn't need to create folders in the last months.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sico

Please try to start TNAS with no hard drive installed, see if there is a beep and can it be searched using TNAS PC? If it can be searched, please contact the technical support mailbox to make an appointment for remote troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)