Hibernation not working?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
blur

Re: Hibernation not working?

Post by blur »

With the beta patch, hibernation now appears to work properly on my F4-210. It was turned off during the update though, so you might want to check that that's not the problem.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks, I have an F2-221 on the way now so will try again when that arrives but the problem occurred after the upgrade to the new firmware.

I left the USB drive connected during the upgrade and through the scheduled reboot so it wasn't removed at all.
Is it ok to let our engineer remotely check for you? You can send email to support(a)terra-master.com to confirm it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

With the beta patch, hibernation now appears to work properly on my F4-210. It was turned off during the update though, so you might want to check that that's not the problem.
Do you mean that F4-210 turned off during the update? May I know from which version did you update? and what's the final result?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
blur

Post by blur »

TMSupport wrote: 14 May 2020, 09:34 Do you mean that F4-210 turned off during the update?
No, I meant that during the update, the hard drive sleep setting was reset to the default "Never" so I had to turn it back on. The same thing happened during earlier updates as well. Hibernation seems to work properly now.
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

blur wrote: 14 May 2020, 21:08 No, I meant that during the update, the hard drive sleep setting was reset to the default "Never" so I had to turn it back on. The same thing happened during earlier updates as well. Hibernation seems to work properly now.
Ah, I see what you mean now so no, that wasn't it for me.

As it happens I have an F2-221 now so just setting everything back up. The USB connects now but copying large amounts of data is flaky....
Adam804t

Post by Adam804t »

I have only just purchased a f2-210 and set it up on Saturday (4 days ago) I purchased it to store and stream my extensive media library from and only have the emby app installed. I have also had hibernation issues I have it set to 30 mins but I have gone hours with the lights solid green lights without hibernating. I have manually updated it to the TOS recommended on the previous page but so far not change. For this reason I have been turning it off over night. Will it just need left on constantly for a period of time before it will start hibernating.
dmderev

Post by dmderev »

I got the F2-210 on May 20, 2020, and set it up yesterday. It is using Seagate IronWolf 2x4Tb disks in RAID1 configuration. I read some positive reports and decided to get it; it was reported to consume <5W in sleep mode and 25W in running mode.

After setting up and selecting 30min spindown time, It does not go to spin down mode and also constantly moves the heads of the drives, not silent. It has the drive LEDs on (from time they are blinking) and it does not respond to the On button; cannot be turned off in the intuitive manner. It can be turned off from the browser interface. TOS version 4.1.24-2005180955. This behavior continues for already >24hr.

I am wondering what to do - probably to return the NAS or wait for the solution? Any ideas? Anyone solved the problem? If not, it probably calls for feedback to stop sales until the problem is solved?
dmderev

Post by dmderev »

The F2-210 TOS version 4.1.24-2005180955, disks RAID1 ST4000VNZ08 (ST4000VN008). This combination never spins down and has continous disk drive activity does not stop even with network cable unplugged. This apparently IS the latest version? posting.php?mode=reply&f=22&t=22#
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please wait one or two more days to allow journal and balance operation complete for your newly set file system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

One to two more days to complete the journal? Really?