eladz

D5 Thunderbolt 3 is not detect on my Laptop

Post by eladz »

Hello,
I have an issue.

Technical Details:
Raid device: D5 Thunderbolt 3
HDD: 5 Seagate IronWolf Pro 14TB.
Operating System: Laptop with Windows 10 without a Thunderbolt Port (using USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port)

Issue:
All the HDD are connected to the Raid device, and I connected the raid device to the laptop (to the USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 [port) using the attached Thunderbolt cable.
After connecting the device, I don't see any the device detected in Windows - not in Device Management nor in the Bios. I tried different cables (Thunderbolt and regular USB-C cables), different ports on the raid device and different ports on the laptop, but nothing was detected.

Probably directly related is that I don't see "Raid Controller" in device manager.
I installed the Thunderbolt driver, but I can't really update the Raid Controller" driver when it's not displayed in the 'device manager' menu.

Any help - suggestions, tips, manuals reference, etc. - would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Elad.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5 Thunderbolt 3 is not detect on my Laptop

Post by TMnorah »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eladz
Hi! The D5 Thunderbolt 3 device does not support the USB protocol connection, only the computer with Thunderbolt 3 can support the connection.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)