F2-210 boot options blocked

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
biydemospu

F2-210 boot options blocked

Post by biydemospu »

Hi, I bought your F2-221 NAS in order to run OpenMediaVault however I found that the BIOS does not allow to change boot order and strangely it decides to try to boot from the two SATA hard disks.
It seems you disabled the option in the BIOS/firmware, is it possible to get the original American Megatrends BIOS with the options enabled?
I'm sure many people out there choose your products but want to run another OS instead of TOS.

Thank you
TMAY

Re: F2-210 boot options blocked

Post by TMAY »

Hi, you can enter the boot option by pressing the F7 key on the keyboard, and then select the system you want to enter
biydemospu

Post by biydemospu »

Hi thank you,
I was referring to the fact it is not possible to save the correct option so each time the NAS reboots or is shuts down one would need to attach an hdmi cable and keyboard to the NAS and then enter setup and choose each time the correct boot option.
Not really feasible at least for me. Is it possible to re-enable the "save" option in the BIOS???
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! You can choose to remove the USB initBoot on the motherboard.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

biydemospu wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 02:28 Hi, I bought your F2-221 NAS in order to run OpenMediaVault however I found that the BIOS does not allow to change boot order and strangely it decides to try to boot from the two SATA hard disks.
It seems you disabled the option in the BIOS/firmware, is it possible to get the original American Megatrends BIOS with the options enabled?
I'm sure many people out there choose your products but want to run another OS instead of TOS.

Thank you
Please keep us posted on your success with OpenMediaVault. Interested to see how the hardware features like the LEDs, fan, temp sensors respond to the different os.

I was going to try OMV on an old windows server and research indicated there'd be issues with embedded hardware features I needed.
biydemospu

Post by biydemospu »

TMSupport wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 16:53 Hi! You can choose to remove the USB initBoot on the motherboard.
Please can you elaborate? Notice I have removed the USB key with TOS and installed a new USB key with OpenMediaVault, so the BIOS boots the first SATA device no matter what options I put in the USB drive.
biydemospu

Post by biydemospu »

titanrx8 wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 22:59
biydemospu wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 02:28 Hi, I bought your F2-221 NAS in order to run OpenMediaVault however I found that the BIOS does not allow to change boot order and strangely it decides to try to boot from the two SATA hard disks.

Thank you
Please keep us posted on your success with OpenMediaVault. Interested to see how the hardware features like the LEDs, fan, temp sensors respond to the different os.

I was going to try OMV on an old windows server and research indicated there'd be issues with embedded hardware features I needed.
Hi, I have not investigated the hardware because as it is it fits my use case: the fans are not noisy as they are, the leds are on and don't really mind their meaning since I would not be able to distinguish them anyway, temp sensors might be interesting to investigate because after some hours of heavy CPU usage the NAS has rebooted once or twice.
Il post my experience as soon as I fix this boot problem which is my main concern at the moment.

Return to “Initialization”