Hibernation not working?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
powerQ

Re: Hibernation not working?

Post by powerQ »

donsenilo wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 17:58
TMSupport wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 16:57 There is an update of our TOS system TOS4.1.21 which has been released on our website, according to the test here, TOS4.1.21 has fixed the hibernation issue. Please download the update package and manually upgrade your TOS to see whether it works.
I already have the TOS_A1.0_Update_ARM_4.1.21_2002271849 and with this the hibernation does not work.
Some applications, like Plex,Emby and more, running backend will stop your drives going into hibernation. Try disable the APPs you have installed.
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

I have no apps running.
Terramaster F4-210
powerQ

Post by powerQ »

donsenilo wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 07:44 I have no apps running.
Did you set the drive sleep time on control panel and apply it?
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

powerQ wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 22:50
donsenilo wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 07:44 I have no apps running.
Did you set the drive sleep time on control panel and apply it?
Yes
Terramaster F4-210
blur

Post by blur »

I can confirm that the update TOS_A1.0_Update_ARM_4.1.21_2002271849 did nothing to fix the issue on my F4-210, and that there is still constant drive activity even when the device has been idle for hours after a clean reboot. This is noisy, a waste of power and most likely bad for the disks. Considering that it is a known issue which was supposed to be as good as fixed when I bought the NAS three months ago, I decided to wait for the patch and keep it turned off when it's not in active use. After waiting so long while not being able to use it properly, my patience is running out. If there is no working fix in a month, I'll claim warranty. The effort that went into integrating the NAS into my local infrastructure is the main reason I'm not doing so right now. This is most unprofessional. Get it together.

I uninstalled all applications to make sure they're not responsible for the issue. Before that, I used Snapshot and Plex Media. This is the list of currently active services:
services.png
And those are the hardware settings:
hardware.PNG
The fan speed setting does not seem to work either. According to the hardware information page, it's constantly around 1380 RPM even after a reboot. Compared to the hibernation problems that issue is not very important though.

If there are any log files or further configuration details that would help to identify the issue, I'll be happy to provide them. I do not want to replace the NAS after having spent several hours setting up a storage, backup and multimedia infrastructure for the entire household. Please make sure that I won't need to.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We will check and test again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

I also have the same problem even with the update...waiting for a replacement for another issue dead bay five had multiple problems since buying the F5-221 not impressed...if it worked as it should it would be a a good nas but with all the flaky problems its not worth the money.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The newly set TNAS will sync data backend for about 24~48 hours. During this time, the hard drive sleep may not to work.
At the meanwhile, you need to make sure no application running to stop the drives sleeping. From our test, and from many
cases, the new update performs hibernation well.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

The newly set TNAS will sync data backend for about 24~48 hours.
Can you pls explain what this means ?
Terramaster F4-210
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

After you configuring a RAID in a new TNAS device, data sync need to proccess backend in the system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)