Hibernation not working?

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
mottok76

Hibernation not working?

Post by mottok76 »

Hi, I have a brand new F2-210 with new drives, I have set hibernation after 30mins but it never goes to sleep. I have no Apps installed at all, it's 12 hours old. The logs aren't detailed enough to help. What colour/status should the hdd lights be in hibernation mode?

Any ideas? Many thanks.
powerQ

Re: Hibernation not working?

Post by powerQ »

A new update expected to be released in the coming week to resolve this issue.
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
drnhdg

Post by drnhdg »

For the record I have the exact same issue, brand new F2-221. It never goes into hibernation. There is constant drive activity when nothing is happening which is very distracting as I have the server in the living room and I can constantly hear it, to the point where I now keep it switched off which obviously I don't really want to do! It's also brand new and has nothing at all installed on it.

I did get an error when initializing the drives, saying something was "abnormal" and to use a computer to initialize the drives. The after restarting everything seemed fine. The status is good and files copy over successfully so not sure what that is all about and whether that is causing an issue? I don't think its related but wanted to just mention it. Drives are 3gb Seagate Ironwolf set up as RAID 1.

Is the update you mention close to being released as this problem is stopping me from using the NAS properly? Thanks for any updates.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The new release expecting to fix this issue is not ready yet, it's still in testing. We will keep you informed when it's ready.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Jcbarreto

Post by Jcbarreto »

Hello
Any update for this thread? My f2-220 doesn’t get in sleep mode
Thanks
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Ditto on this for F2-210 not spinning down / hibernating as of today.
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

I have the same problem with my F4-210 :cry:
Terramaster F4-210
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

There is an update of our TOS system TOS4.1.21 which has been released on our website, according to the test here, TOS4.1.21 has fixed the hibernation issue. Please download the update package and manually upgrade your TOS to see whether it works.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
donsenilo

Post by donsenilo »

TMSupport wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 16:57 There is an update of our TOS system TOS4.1.21 which has been released on our website, according to the test here, TOS4.1.21 has fixed the hibernation issue. Please download the update package and manually upgrade your TOS to see whether it works.
I already have the TOS_A1.0_Update_ARM_4.1.21_2002271849 and with this the hibernation does not work.
Terramaster F4-210
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please check the results 2-3 days later. The logs process may take 2-3 days to be written to the system.