OwnCloud and/or NextCloud?

Discussion about CloudSync.
Chief
United States of America

OwnCloud and/or NextCloud?

Post by Chief »

Generally liking my TNAS server, but having one frustrating time using it for one of the main reasons I purchased it: To set up a personal cloud storage that could be easily accessed via computers and mobile apps to share files, in a similar fashion to other options like DropBox.

It seems two of the better options for this on other devices are OwnCloud and NextCloud.

However, the OwnCloud app in the current TOS version does not work, nor does trying to run OwnCloud or NextCloud containers from the provided Docker app. I have been trying to set this up for a while with no success. Tech support, while responsive, has been unable to get any of it fully working even with a remote session with one of their technicians. At the moment they basically say that they can't make it work and don't know when they will be able to.

Has anyone else had any success setting up a personal cloud service in TOS?
If so, what exactly did you do to set it up?
Roccia7
Italy

Re: OwnCloud and/or NextCloud?

Post by Roccia7 »

Hello, i' m setting up docker with resilio sync. I tried something and it worked great! But i can't bind tnas folder where i would like store my data with docker volume.
If you want you can try this solution
TNAS F2-220
TOS 5.0.176
Chief
United States of America

Post by Chief »

Will definitely check it out!

One question: After downloading and starting the Resilio container, how did you manage to access the web UI? I've tried //<TNASaddress>:8888 and there doesn't appear to be any default web page there.
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

Did you open the port on the router? Maybe that is the problem. Or did you set the port in the container? I can't be now more specific because i can't connect to my nas, sorry
TNAS F2-220
TOS 5.0.176
HammyHavoc

Post by HammyHavoc »

I would definitely like to see Terra Master add NextCloud as an app. It WAS on there, but hasn't been since about December. I posted here about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraMaster/co ... lications/