Boot Order Blocked in BIOS - F2-422

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
dranivil

Boot Order Blocked in BIOS - F2-422

Post by dranivil »

Hi, I am trying to install a different operating system on F2-422 model. The operating system works fine, but for it to work I need to have a USB plugged in and booting from it. Since the BIOS does not let me change the boot priority (it is blocked!). Yes, I can UEFI mode if I boot from USB, but this operating system only works in legacy mode, so it is not an option for me.
How could I change the BIOS boot priority? Perhaps a BIOS update is necessary to correct this
Attachments
PXL_20210606_110423042.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Boot Order Blocked in BIOS - F2-422

Post by TMSupport »

It will boot from internal USB first when your F2-422 is booted up without any HDDs or your HDDs are not installed with TOS.
It’s not allowed to change the boot order in BIOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Try to remove the USB stick before you boot, by doing this, you need to open the cage and find the USB boot stick on mother board.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dranivil

Post by dranivil »

I find it very bad on the part of terramaster that they intentionally limit the BIOS to interfere with the startup of third-party software.
TMroy wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 23:48 Try to remove the USB stick before you boot, by doing this, you need to open the cage and find the USB boot stick on mother board.
If I unplug the usb will it let me change the boot order?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dranivil
This article could help to answer. https://joelduncan.io/freenas-on-terramaster-f2-221/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
dranivil

Post by dranivil »

@ TMroy
I already read that article before installing anything. But in my case 2 things happen:
- The software I use does not work in EFI, I have to put it in legacy mode and therefore it always boots from the hard disk.
- My BIOS has fewer options than the F2-221. The "CSM configuration" section does not appear in my BIOS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

This is all I can do for you. My job responsibilities do not include guiding you to break in our own device.
dranivil

Post by dranivil »

With all due respect, the device is my property and I am responsible for what I do with it. It is Terramaster that has deliberately limited a product.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sure, you are right, you own the device, you can do whatever you want. Unless the hardware of the device is artificially damaged, the warranty service is still valid.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

dranivil wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 22:35 I find it very bad on the part of terramaster that they intentionally limit the BIOS to interfere with the startup of third-party software.
what a quite odd comment to make, would you have an issue if you bought a renault car and a BMW door doesnt fit? and then complained to Renault that they intentionally made their door a different shape to a BMW one? after all you own the car so a different manufacturers part should fit?
F2-210