5.1.24 Causing isues with media server.

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
Tricky
Great Britain

5.1.24 Causing isues with media server.

Post by Tricky »

F5.221 it seems to lose all connections with any media device that uses UPNP, DLNA etc, and nothing visible via SMB or NFS but remains visible to Windows computers and any network device detection software, something definitely wrong with the latest update, on further investigation any attempt that a media streaming device IE TV media boxes etc make at connection with the shared files on the media server on the TNAS results in the server being disabled, I have found a sort of work around by turning off all audio transcoding, but it only works for some players, my Zidoo X10 cannot see any of the files.
Marshal

Re: 5.1.24 Causing isues with media server.

Post by Marshal »

I have the same problem
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

This issue is already being fixed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Marshal

Post by Marshal »

TMSupport wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 17:42 This issue is already being fixed.
In 5.1.28 not fixed
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Not seen a 5.1.28 update? Is it a beta?
kenfrog

Post by kenfrog »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky

I got the update and it boots you to a new bootloader and caused my OS to choke and i have been down starting Monday morning at 7am until now. i suspect that you don't want a copy of that update package. I should have waited for the next version to be posted.

I recall the post with download link being removed from the forums shortly after it got installed on my system.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Ah! Right! Seen those before, another beta update that they realized that there was a problem with, I now always wait until there is a bit of feedback on the update before I go ahead and use them, made that mistake before, hope they sort this one soon, but it's always a bit of a lottery.

Return to “System Update”