Update check failed

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
Rick

Update check failed

Post by Rick »

Model F2-420, error when checking for update "Update check failed The TNAS is not connected to the internet"

Image.

No changes made yesterday it was still working

Regards
Rick
Attachments
F2-420.JPG
F2-420.JPG (4.39 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Update check failed

Post by TMSupport »

Check whether the internet status in the status bar is "Connected", which means the TOS network is available
Change the DNS server, go to "Control Panel->Network Services->Network->Network Interface", select the LAN you are using, click "Edit", and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Rick

Post by Rick »

status is connected > changed dns server > stil same problem

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

what is your TOS version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Rick

Post by Rick »

Tos version 5.0.176
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Because of your network settings issues, your TNAS fails to connect to our server. You need to check your networking, or you have to download the update package and update it manually.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Rick

Post by Rick »

Which update is advised, i read not to install the 5.1 version on this nas (Model F2-420).
xianc451

Post by xianc451 »

Check your system time. For some reason I was getting the same error and noticed my time about 20 hours off.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Rick wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 18:00 Which update is advised, i read not to install the 5.1 version on this nas (Model F2-420).
You can update to TOS 5.1.22.
Note: The kernel of TOS 5.1 has been updated to 5.15. Since the Linux kernel has removed the Intel Celeron J1800/J1900 GPU drivers from 5.15, the models of this platform no longer support GPU hardware video acceleration. If you need to use GPU hardware video acceleration, do not update TOS 5.1
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Rick

Post by Rick »

@XIANC451 system time 8 off. corrected. no result. reboot and everything works again. I think it's strange I haven't noticed it before, thx