All folders not visible

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
koalakoala

All folders not visible

Post by koalakoala »

Hi, just upgraded my system to TOS5, but I can not see any of my shared folders. I can see the space is utilized for a few minutes, and then the HDD shows 0% used space (18.26mb). The system created a new folder called 'new_folder2' but is empty. truied the 'restore shared folders' but it does not work. In storage pool I can see the 18.18tb are still there, but I can not access them... any ideas how to sort this? thanks
F5-221
T12-450
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: All folders not visible

Post by TMSupport »

Please provide screenshots of volumes and storage pools. Or export a system log and send it to us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Screenshot 2023-01-14 183515.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-01-14 183515.jpeg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
Screenshot 2023-01-14 183515.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-01-14 183515.jpeg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-14 183619.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-01-14 183619.jpeg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
F5-221
T12-450
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The volume 2 occupied all your storage pool space 18.18TB, but only 18.33 MB data in your volume 2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

ok - thanks.... so where is the data?
I installed TO5 in a new HDD (Volume 5).... Volume 2 should not have any changes, right?
F5-221
T12-450
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}koalakoala
You just provided very limited information, we can't give you any advice at this moment. We do not even know what is your model number? how many storage pools and volume totally you have, what RAID type in your storage pool. which version TOS running in your TNAS before your update? You said you installed TOS 5 in a new drive, how can? what did you do to install TOS 5 only on a new drive? how did you mount other drives to the new system? Do you want TOS 5 runs on your new drive and old TOS runs on all other old drives? How to report a bug or issue effectively? what I can tell is, there is almost no data on your volume 2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Hi, thanks for your reply, see answers below.

- Model F5-221
- current TOS 5.0.176-00227
- I have 1x storage pool per HDD
- RAID 0
- TOS before the update 4.x (whatever was the last available version for my model. I updated my terramaster before discovering there was a 5.x version)
- I installed a new HDD in slot 5 before the upgrade
- completed a 'factory default' (there was a message indicating 'disk partitions and data will not be affected, you need to reinstall the system' (which is what I follow and planned to complete)
- Installed TOS5 nominating slot 5 (the 1tb hdd) as destination
- drive 1 was recognized by the new system
- drive 2 is the one not being recognized
- During the upgrade, TOS 4x was removed from HDD1? right?
-I just wanted TOS5 to run an independent HDD (slot 5)

Thanks
F5-221
T12-450
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

koalakoala wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 19:05 - I have 1x storage pool per HDD
- RAID 0

Thanks
Thank you for your input.
So before your update, you have total 4 drives in your TNAS, right? if you have one storage pool for each HDD, how you can set them in RAID 0?
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

Hi , Thanks for your reply

Before the update 1 had 2x HDDs
- slot 1, 1x 16tb
- slot 2, 1x 20tb

When I tried to reinstall the system (upgrade to TO5), tried to reinstall it on a new HDD (temporarly in a 1tb HDD) - that I located in slot 5 (so I can remember is the one that I need to replace for a bigger capacity)

This is the final config - slot 5 (1tb) was not there during TOS4 and was installed after completing the 'factory default'
Screenshot 2023-01-16 070324.jpeg
Do not recall setting up the RAID, so I assumed is RAID0 (probably wrong - can the answer be 'no raid'?)

----------------
Separate question here. What if I assume all the data in HDD2 is lost.... Can I physically remove the HDD in slot 5 (1tb) and reinstall TOS5 in slot 2 (20tb) without losing all the information in slot 1 (16tb)
The result would be
- slot 1 , 1x 16tb original info
- slt 2 x 1x20tb - all information lost in previous update but now hosting TOS5.

Sounds right?

Thanks
F5-221
T12-450
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The drive in bay 2 has had a new storage pool created and the original data may not be recovered.
It is not possible to determine if your drive in bay 1 still has a system partition for TOS4, what array mode it was in before.
It is recommended that you do not proceed further and export logs of the system to send to tech support with this link.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)

Return to “System Update”