No icons on TOS desktop, NAS sluggish, then becoming unresponsive and inaccessible

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: No icons on TOS desktop, NAS sluggish, then becoming unresponsive and inaccessible

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}JWilsonJr

This issue is still being fixed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JWilsonJr

Re: No icons on TOS desktop, NAS sluggish, then becoming unresponsive and inaccessible

Post by JWilsonJr »

@tmsupport,

Any news on this issue? I noticed that there was a new version released (5.1.29) so I downloaded that, tried doing a manual update via the bootloader method again, but the symptoms are pretty much identical, if not worse (web interface logon screen won't load at all, if the existing shares become accessible at all it was for an extremely short window, and after a few hours the device won't even respond to pings).

I've had an inoperative/unusual NAS now for months. It's very disheartening, especially since I didn't do anything particularly unusual or shady (it runs Plex and I tried turning on the Snapshot feature, that's about it). Please advise.
zuc

Post by zuc »

"Glad" (sorry JWilsonJr) to hear I'm not the only one having this issue!
I am still unable to get my files out of the NAS... HAVING A SECURE STORAGE IS EXACTLY WHY I BOUGHT THE NAS IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Have you found the culprit? Is there any way to stop the process from running so I can extract my files, put them somewhere else and be done with this???
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Please contact our technical support via email for remote assistance to solve the problems you encounter.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JWilsonJr

Post by JWilsonJr »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMnorah

If I can't log-on to the system to enable remote assistance, how is that going to help?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}JWilsonJr

If you agree, we can also operate your computer through remote software to access TNAS,
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

Hey all, I see there's a few different issues in this thread, wanted to throw out there that I had a similar set of symptoms on an F5-221 running 3x drives in BTRFS TRAID on TOS 5.1.24. I documented the fix for my issue in another thread, having to do with disabling quotas, which then allowed me to update to 5.1.33 where a general fix has seemingly been implemented.

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=4336

Totally possible that this isn't the same problem, but wanted to throw it out there in case it helps.
JWilsonJr

Post by JWilsonJr »

I'm away from home for a few days, but will try your potential fix when I get back, and we'll see what happens. Thanks for "throwing it out there".
JWilsonJr

Post by JWilsonJr »

On a whim, I downloaded the manual installer for the 5.1.34 version, did another custom install with the bootloader method, and surprisingly, the NAS actually started working normally (at least so far). Hopefully this will also resolve the issue for the other folks having the same problem after they upgraded to ver. 5 and tried enabling snapshots. Looks like snapshots are no longer a "thing" in the new version, since I don't find the setting for them anywhere. But at least it's working again and serving the purpose for which I purchased it (and shelled-out a good bit of money on a retiree's income to purchase) after several MONTHS of downtime.