Problems Post Upgrade

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
rmistry22

Problems Post Upgrade

Post by rmistry22 »

Hi All,

Recently upgraded my 5 bay 451 from version 4 to 5.

Issues I have experienced

1. USB Drive no longer accessible - fixed via control panel and giving my user Access rights
2. Multimedia server not working - all folders added, indexed, still not working.
3. Duple Backup very slow over Rysnch, reduced to <1Mb/s?????
4. Network Bond disappeared, re-created but third ethernet card not working.

Been trying to fix these issues, but not getting very far. Disappointing upgrade considering it too so long to be released.
Any one else having issues?

R
rmistry22

Re: Problems Post Upgrade

Post by rmistry22 »

Don't bother with the upgrade to TOS V5.0

I have had TerraMaster support remote to my computer and try to fix. Comments made :

1. Hardware Fault
- how is this possible when the hardware was fine with TOS 4
2. You'll have to wait for the update to TOS 5
- After the wait for V5, you would think all the bugs had been sorted, I even waited before upgrading!!!

Sort it out guys.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

rmistry22 wrote: 08 Dec 2022, 21:31 1. Hardware Fault
- how is this possible when the hardware was fine with TOS 4
i'm afraid you will find this that TM are very very quick to blame hardware, especially hard drives when clearly its software related

when i first had my F2-210 they kept on telling me as my seagate baraccuda hard drive is "not supported" then it must be my hard drive thats causing all the issues

after what seems like a hundred software updates everything is running smoothly on the same hard drive and i finally have confidence in the unit, so clearly not a hard drive problem but took forever for them to realise BTFRS and other TOS problems was the issue and since they have removed the option from their software it works perfectly etc
F2-210

rmistry22

Post by rmistry22 »

Just to update everyone.

After several hours of messing around, I managed to get back to TOS 4.2.40. Not perfect, now doesn't load the login screen quickly and boot time seems very long, but at least I have a working NAS again.

1.USB Drive now working and USB Backups functional again
2. Multimedia server now working, although some folders have been duplicated
3. Duple backup - haven't set that up again.
4. Network bond stable with 3 network ports, 4th card setup as get out of jail port also working again

So in conclusion, TOS 5.0 is flawed not the hardware.

Come on Terra-Master team sort it out!!!!!

R