Tos 5

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
beyondajoke

Tos 5

Post by beyondajoke »

Hello Everyone I am new to the Terramaster family and having some issues, please forgive me if I'm in the wrong topic or whatever if that is the case I apologise in advance.
I recently tried to upgrade my F5-221 from tos 4 to tos 5, On my mac computer, the 221 had been running ok with tos 4 and with hindsight maybe I should have left well alone. After instaling Tos 5 I have been presented with the "super use" Page, which I filled in at the necessary fields, the system is hanging after pressing next, it goes no further but the 221s 5 Hard drives, which contain my movies and TV collections are very active with all HD lights showing flashing green, there was no message about formating the drives, which by the way are 10TB and worked perfectly before the upgrade,does the activity mean the drives are being checked or initialised and the system will go no further until completed? at the moment there is no getting to the UI so I cannot interact with the system, I have had one automated email which said the system was running slow due to high activity?
Any help would be very much Appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Tos 5

Post by TMroy »

May I know what is your previous version of TOS before the update? and which TOS 5 version you installed?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
beyondajoke

Post by beyondajoke »

My previous version was 4.2.39. I reset to factory default and tried a new instal of 5.0.171. I Am completely locked out of the system at the moment as I cannot get to the GUI, My operating system is macOS Monterey 12.6
TnasPC is version 5.023 and it finds the F5-221. I have tried a new HD from your approved HD List but the system always hangs at the Super User final screen, after filling in the required fields and pressing enter the system hangs and will go no further.

Thank you for your reply.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please try to login with other browser.
If it still exists, please provide a screenshot
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)