F5-221 TNAS Desktop inaccessible after recent update

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
batheloth

F5-221 TNAS Desktop inaccessible after recent update

Post by batheloth »

I updated the version of the TNAS desktop software for my model F5-221. The update installed without a problem, and then the device rebooted itself. After that, I'm not able to log into it through the web interface anymore. Connections to the TNAS desktop web interface over port 8181 fail with an "unable to connect" message. The TNAS PC desktop application finds the device without a problem. When I attempt to log in through that, it prompts for my username and password (like it normally does), and then when I hit connect the button changes to "configuring..." and it greys out and sits there. I have left this for hours just in case it really was doing something, but it never calls the browser to log in. All data on my NAS is still accessible through the share. My Plex server still runs, and the website for that is still accessible. The only thing I have lost is the ability to get into the desktop to make changes to the NAS itself. This is preventing me from reconfiguring anything on it and is preventing the installation of new applications or updating existing ones. It is like the web server running on port 8181 is not starting, but I have no other way of getting into the device to troubleshoot the problem.

Is there a way around this issue? Perhaps a way to apply a newer update to the device or to pull out the updated version disabled it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F5-221 TNAS Desktop inaccessible after recent update

Post by TMroy »

Some of your system files fail to start.
what is your TOS version, and do you recently install or uninstall any apps?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
batheloth

Post by batheloth »

No, there were no recent changes to the applications installed onto the device. Nothing has been installed or uninstalled on it in months. The only new operation that was performed was the TNAS desktop software update.

I'm not sure exactly what version it is running now. The device was updated regularly and the upgrade was to whatever version came out at the end of August. Is there a way of determining that without being able to log into it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You may need to reinstall the TOS, or you can contact our tech team to have a remote session to repair it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
batheloth

Post by batheloth »

Following method #2 found here - "viewtopic.php?t=423" I was able to reload the TOS software and it got things working again. It took a while to backup all the data, since the USB Copy functionality was unavailable, so I had to copy everything over the network to a remote repository. I did not lose any data though, and all of the configurations and customizations that had been done to my applications were all still there. So, aside from spending days copying the data out to back it up, the process was pretty quick and painless. Thank you for the suggestion.