Update to 5.0.163 and F4-421 unreachable

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
bonat

Update to 5.0.163 and F4-421 unreachable

Post by bonat »

I make the new upodate from 5.0.158 to 5.0.163 at the moment.
My F4-421 reboot and can not reachable.
All HDD led's are red.
I power off after 15minutes, and power on.
After power on, get the normal beep sound, but a few seconds I get 3 times beep sound.
What is the problem, how can i solved it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Update to 5.0.163 and F4-421 unreachable

Post by TMroy »

When you hear 3 beeps after rebooting, that means the initBoot does not find a correct TOS system. Your system is likely not updated completely or corrupt during the update. Did you remove your drives during the update? or did a power failure happen when updating?

Now you need to try to reinstall your system. Instruction of reinstallation
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bonat

Post by bonat »

Ok, I need to reinstall the system.
I made the reinstall to 5.0.158 today.
It was ok, but after that the first thing is to make the update to 5.0.163.
After the download/update procedure, the NAS unreachable, and the same problem like yesterday.
(however the HDD leds are ok, no red)
At this time the TNAS Pc do not find the NAS.
I think something maybe wrong in the update config in 5.0.163.
My system drive (SSD) is in the Slot 1 bay at the moment.
Yesterday my system drive was in the Slot 4 bay.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

My suggestion is that you need to check if your drive is healthy.
To check the drive's health, you can do a bad block scan, or do a long test with SMART. But what I worry is, that your drive will not even last to the check complete. So if you have a USB enclosure, you can install the drive to the enclosure, connect it to your computer, and check drive health with some third-party tool like Crystaldiskinfo.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nedhedrick

Post by nedhedrick »

Same issue here! This is on an F5-221.

Either "Loading... Please wait!" screen, or destination unreachable when attempting to connect after update.

I have installed every update and it has always worked, but today TOS 5 web interface is unreachable after the update.

Everything appears normal. I have powered-off the unit via the front panel switch, then restarted, but situation is the same.

Suggestions welcome!

Ned
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}nedhedrick

"Loading... Please wait!" means that your system is busy in checking fils system, reconfiguration and mounting your storage pool, Please wait.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)