Unable to do an update (auto or manual)

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
SlimBok

Unable to do an update (auto or manual)

Post by SlimBok »

Hi,

I'm trying do do an update of my F4-210 nas. I can access TOS without any problem, but I can't see in the control panel any option to do an update. And when I try to search for the terms "mise à jour" (I'm French so in English it will be "update"), I receive an error message "Une erreur s'est produite dans l'application. Veuillez le désinstaller et l'installer à nouveau!" (I can traduce it with "An error has occurred in the application. Uninstall it and do a new installation!)

So what can I do to keep my F4-210 up-to-date ? And to have my control panel in good conditions ?

My TOS version now : 4.2.08-2101111540

Thx in advance
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to do an update (auto or manual)

Post by TMwuu »

SlimBok wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 21:38 Hi,

I'm trying do do an update of my F4-210 nas. I can access TOS without any problem, but I can't see in the control panel any option to do an update. And when I try to search for the terms "mise à jour" (I'm French so in English it will be "update"), I receive an error message "Une erreur s'est produite dans l'application. Veuillez le désinstaller et l'installer à nouveau!" (I can traduce it with "An error has occurred in the application. Uninstall it and do a new installation!)

So what can I do to keep my F4-210 up-to-date ? And to have my control panel in good conditions ?

My TOS version now : 4.2.08-2101111540

Thx in advance
Some beta versions may not detect automatic updates. It is recommended that you reinstall the official version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SlimBok

Post by SlimBok »

But the problem is here : how can I do it ? I don't even know if the version that I have is a beta, and I don't know how to proceed... I searched in the forum and on the official TerraMaster website, but I don't find any solution to my problem. It says "go to update page on the control panel" but I can't see it so what can I do ?? And I don't want to loose my data... I've got 2TB of data on my nas, it's completely impossible for me to imagine loosing all this data...
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

SlimBok wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 22:15 But the problem is here : how can I do it ? I don't even know if the version that I have is a beta, and I don't know how to proceed... I searched in the forum and on the official TerraMaster website, but I don't find any solution to my problem. It says "go to update page on the control panel" but I can't see it so what can I do ?? And I don't want to loose my data... I've got 2TB of data on my nas, it's completely impossible for me to imagine loosing all this data...
if its only 2TB of data, you really should be adopting a backup to USB or offsite backup routines if this data is critical to you, the NAS does not provide a complete failsafe, while raid helps it wont help you for all eventualities, doesnt help but a 2TB usb drive is readily available at quite a cheap price, so one option would be to backup your data to a USB drive and then that gives you the ability to re-install a fresh system safe in the knowledge your data is completely safe
F2-210

davidhennes

Post by davidhennes »

So I have joined the forum today with the same problem. I go to to the update and the update icon is missing in my control panel. I back up my work files to the cloud. but I noticed it had stopped and I needed to update the one drive sync app thing. but when I try to update it just sits at 50% installing for days. It has been doing great for the past 4 years. I have not touched it until today. It has backed up 30tb to the web and still works fine as a server with my 30tb worth of files. The Tnas says it is connected to the internet. Any thoughts is helpful
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-30 122534.png
Screenshot 2022-08-30 122534.png (8.5 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Screenshot 2022-08-30 122305.png
Screenshot 2022-08-30 121728.png
Benini

Post by Benini »

Same Problem here, no chance to update i have no button for update or reset
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}davidhennes

If the process is stuck at 50% it means the update package has been downloaded but failed to install to the system. Please try the followings:

1. Restart your TNAS and try again.
2. Try to install some other app if the installation can be processed successfully.
3. Check if your storage space is running out.
4. Check if your drives are defective.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ralphy

Post by ralphy »

I also have the "stuck at 50%"-problem. Restarted, INstalled and installed an app, 1 TB free storage, healthy disks.

Trying to update from the latest 4.2.39 via manual update as it doesn't show my an automatic update option.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ralphy
TOS 4.2.39 is the latest version of TOS 4.2.x, if you want to update to TOS 5, please refer to the link.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
adambar

Post by adambar »

SlimBok wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 22:15 But the problem is here : how can I do it ? I don't even know if the version that I have is a beta, and I don't know how to proceed... I searched in the forum and on the official TerraMaster website, but I don't find any solution to my problem. It says "go to update page on the control panel" but I can't see it so what can I do ?? And I don't want to loose my data... I've got 2TB of data on my nas, it's completely impossible for me to imagine loosing all this data...
This is exactly my problem too. I'm running TOS version 4.2.18 -21031149.
I didn't receive any upates for some time now, and I was hoping to install the TOS5, but I too do not see "Update & Recovery" in General settings anymore.
tnas.png
And when i try to enter "Update & Recovery" in Search Settings i get this error: "An error occuvred in the application. Please uninstall it and install it again!"
tnas2.png
I did receive some "java, or ajax error" randomly at some point.