Dare I Update My second TNAS to TOS 5?

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
Tricky
Great Britain

Dare I Update My second TNAS to TOS 5?

Post by Tricky »

I have been testing TOS 5 on one of my machines with somewhat limited success as I have had problems with functionality and have lost two HHD content, but nothing much as it was a test, But my second machine is still running TOS4 and not sure just how long it's going to be supported so wondering if I should update to 5 now? OK, I know I should back up everything and most of it is, but I do have a lot of ripped films that I don't really want to take the time to back up.
My main fear being 1 that I am still not sure TOS5 is stable, 2 I have lost all my data before when I first got a TNAS, it all booted up fine and ran OK while i gradually transferred all my data from another NAS, and then it decided to corrupt everything, and it took me a long time and some recovery software to try and recover just a small proportion of my data, so you can see why I am hesitant about this.