Unable to update auto or manual method

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
cuffinora

Unable to update auto or manual method

Post by cuffinora »

I have a F2-220 NAS running 4.2.06 that I am trying to update. I can access TOS fine (I am having issues with Mac finder authentication over afp/smb which is what started me on the update and restore path). In the control panel - general settings I cannot see any update and restore option (Screenshot attached).
Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.52.44 AM.png

I have downloaded "TOS_S2.0_Update_JM33_4.2.32_2203011626_2204071924" file and tried to update manually, but if I turn the NAS off and pull out the drives, on power-up I never get a lan connection light - only when I insert the drives do I get a lan connection and am able to access TOS again.
TWlhq
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to update auto or manual method

Post by TWlhq »

cuffinora wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 22:08 I have a F2-220 NAS running 4.2.06 that I am trying to update. I can access TOS fine (I am having issues with Mac finder authentication over afp/smb which is what started me on the update and restore path). In the control panel - general settings I cannot see any update and restore option (Screenshot attached).
Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.52.44 AM.png

I have downloaded "TOS_S2.0_Update_JM33_4.2.32_2203011626_2204071924" file and tried to update manually, but if I turn the NAS off and pull out the drives, on power-up I never get a lan connection light - only when I insert the drives do I get a lan connection and am able to access TOS again.
Can you use TNAS PC to search your TNAS when you do not insert the drive?
cuffinora

Post by cuffinora »

No TNAS PC cannot find the TNAS when disks are out (after power down/up) NAS just beeps every ~10 secs. When disks are inserted lan light comes on and TNAS PC search can find the TNAS after a few seconds of boot up.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your USB booter may be defective. Your need to replace it with a new one.
Please contact our service team to buy a new one, or you can burn a new one if you are comfortable to the instruction.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cuffinora

Post by cuffinora »

After downloading a new usb boot I was able to initialize and update TOS. Thank you!