Unable to do an update (auto or manual)

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to do an update (auto or manual)

Post by TMwuu »

adambar wrote: 23 Oct 2022, 05:45
SlimBok wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 22:15 But the problem is here : how can I do it ? I don't even know if the version that I have is a beta, and I don't know how to proceed... I searched in the forum and on the official TerraMaster website, but I don't find any solution to my problem. It says "go to update page on the control panel" but I can't see it so what can I do ?? And I don't want to loose my data... I've got 2TB of data on my nas, it's completely impossible for me to imagine loosing all this data...
This is exactly my problem too. I'm running TOS version 4.2.18 -21031149.
I didn't receive any upates for some time now, and I was hoping to install the TOS5, but I too do not see "Update & Recovery" in General settings anymore.tnas.png

And when i try to enter "Update & Recovery" in Search Settings i get this error: "An error occuvred in the application. Please uninstall it and install it again!"tnas2.png

I did receive some "java, or ajax error" randomly at some point.
TOS4.X will not receive updates to TOS5.X.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
adambar

Post by adambar »

So is the 4.2.18 -21031149 the latest TOS 4 version? The "Update & Recovery" button was removed on purpose by Terramaster? WHat's with the error then?
davidhennes

Post by davidhennes »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy

No button to reset the device in the system control panel. Plenty of space, like 30tb. The harddrives are good. Any other ideas? I would do it manually if the reset button was there.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-23 100502.png
Screenshot 2022-11-23 100525.png
Screenshot 2022-11-23 100549.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}davidhennes
It may be that the update button is missing due to the system exception. Please refer to the method 2 of the article to reinstall TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davidhennes

Post by davidhennes »

Just wanted to fallow up with this as I finally got it updated to 5.0. This worked on mine maybe others maybe not yours.
Step 1. Order a new bootloader drive from Amazon
Step 2. Replace the old bootloader drive with new one. (let me say take your time. You will have to take it all apart.
Step 3. Boot it up with no drives with one network connection.
Step 4. Keep it on and place the drives into the NAS
Step 5. Find it on the Tnas program that finds it on your network
Step 6. Download the new os
Step 7. In the Tnas program pick the NAS and let it start and pick the new os to install
Step 8. Step up you new user. Now is have two.
Step 9.all done.