Multimedia Server, jump to timestamp doesnt work

A TerraMaster app for media transcoding and streaming
LoremIpsum

Multimedia Server, jump to timestamp doesnt work

Post by LoremIpsum »

Hi,

i recently bought my first NAS and now i want to host a Mediaserver for the Family.

so far i put some bluerays on the NAS and can stream them from multiple devices, but as the title says, i cannot jump to timestamps or even use the progress bar. Everytime i try, it resets to the beginning of the movie.

im using a F2-221 on version 4.2.40
Software to watch is
- VLC 3.0.18 on PC,
- VLC 3.5.3 on Android

is this a known issue with an easy fix or is more information required ?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Multimedia Server, jump to timestamp doesnt work

Post by TMroy »

Your TNAS device is only a storage space hosting your media files, it does not control your video playback. From my point of view, this may be related to the VLC player or your video file type. what happens if you try to play other types of video like avi, mp4, mkv?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
LoremIpsum

Re: Multimedia Server, jump to timestamp doesnt work

Post by LoremIpsum »

just tried using a MP4 file, it works on all devices.
4k Transcoding does work on mkv files, but doesnt work on the mp4 i just tested.

i just recorded my desktop for a minute as mkv, while watching this file on my tablet, transcoding and fastforward worked.
when i try the same on the (much higher bitrate) blueray mkv it doesnt work, cpu usage goes up and the playback resets to the start.

the 3 spikes when i tried to fastforward by 10 seconds on the tablet: