Thumbnail Generation

A TerraMaster app for media transcoding and streaming
speedtoncek

Thumbnail Generation

Post by speedtoncek »

Hello,

Does TerraMaster support Thumbnail Generation for clients such as phone, tv etc in native app, or do I need third party app like plex, emby etc.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Thumbnail Generation

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry, we didn't fully understand what you meant, could you be more specific in describing your needs?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
speedtoncek

Post by speedtoncek »

Hello,

I was asking about terramaster multimedia console, does it generate thumbnails for media like qnap and synology in native app? Or do I neex something like plex? Basicaly if I want to open video or photo on tv or phone, If I am able to see thumbnails?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

When you add a shared folder to the media index in the Control Panel, the indexing process will index the thumbnails.
If you're playing over a LAN, you can stream files through an SMB that can display thumbnails when they're accessed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
speedtoncek

Post by speedtoncek »

Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted to know, thinking about moving from qnap and there is dedicated option to create thumnails in media console.
I could not find answer If TerraMaster can generate thumnails as well, can I have another quick question ?
How is it with hevc playback support, on qnap there is a license tha you can buy, does terramaster offer something like that as well ?
Or do I need to transcode does files in order to be able to play them ?

Return to “Multimedia Server”