VPN Client How To?

An application set your TNAS as a VPN server
bidmead
Great Britain

VPN Client How To?

Post by bidmead »

I haven't yet discovered how to set up a VPN client. There appears to be no app for this but presumably it can be done on the command line. Can anyone point me to instructions for this?

--
Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: VPN Client How To?

Post by TMroy »

what is your model number and TOS version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks for that quick come-back, @TMroy. This is an F2-221 running TOS 5.0.150.

--
Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

If you want your TNAS to connect to a VPN server, you can go to control panel > network > VPN connection.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks, @TMroy. That fixed it.

--
Chris
romeonich

Post by romeonich »

Hi, have you figured out how to do this? I'm still only understanding this topic and would like to understand where I need to start in order to protect my connection.
ruddyoreb

Post by ruddyoreb »

Hello everyone, I am glad this discussion has come to life again, and now I can discuss the proxy with you. I must first set up a VPN or a secure proxy connection to work. I didn't care about it before since I worked in a different position, but now it's time to work anonymously. I want to focus only on good reviews from real customers, which is why I ask real people on forums about it. So far, I have found an option with a company that provides europe proxy. They have very good reviews, and I think if I don't need anything better, I will choose this option. I hope someone here wants to talk to me about this so I will wait for answers.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

I've taken a look at europe proxy and I'm not quite sure what they do. This doesn't seem to be a VPN and strikes me as very pricey indeed. Windscribe (in which I have no financial interest) is around $6 a month if you subscribe annually.

--
Chris
Righty01

Post by Righty01 »

Just brought PureVpn and having trouble understanding how to configure .

I've got F5-421 running TOS 5 .0.176

Can anybody help me going through step by step Please.

Thank you in advance
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

I don't know PureVPN. But if it is anything like Windscribe they should be running a help desk that will be able to talk you through setting up VPN on the NAS of your choice. Have you talked to their support people?

--
Chris