I have buy this server for VPN Client not for VPN server
I dont need a VPN server on my TNAS
I need VPN client on my TNAS

I'm not alone to have this issue and your response is not avalaible

Thank
tnwiilzhpllf

Re: VPN Client How To?

Post by tnwiilzhpllf »

SO why do you need a VPN? Maybe setting up a proxy on the command line would be easier for you? ;)
tnwiilzhpllf

Post by tnwiilzhpllf »

tnwiilzhpllf wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 03:17 SO why do you need a VPN? Maybe setting up a proxy on the command line would be easier for you? ;)
I just wanted to share my experience using VPN client. It confused me every time with lags. Yes, I've run it through the command line. Sometimes I used the usual VPN software. And I was annoyed that, from time to time, this required some access confirmations. So I demolished all the VPN commands from TOS and started using simple proxies for browsers. I hope it will be helpful for you to know that these were ordinary but convenient proxies from https://buyproxies247.com/shared-proxies/. I wish good luck to everyone who sees this thread because they are faced with the same task.
ChaosInCalm

Post by ChaosInCalm »

I'm having similar issues myself, I do not want a client server, nor do I want a proxy.

I subscribe to a paid VPN service which I use on virtually every device I own with no issues. I've just moved over from a Synology nas and had zero issues with this on there.

I have the .ovpn file and my credentials, which should be more than enough.

The issue is, that it's asking me for a CA certificate to continue. the CA certificates are built into the .ovpn files and even if I extract it and create my own it always says connection failed.

This is driving me nuts now.

Any advice/help will be amazing!
nick4c

Post by nick4c »

I had purchased VPN off of Boing Boing market place with FastestVPN ... Lifetime for one price ... a while back for my andriod box but did not really use it ... when I saw that my TNAS (F5-221) had a VPN connection option ... I checked if FastestVPN had a configuration for TNAS ... they had one for synology ... and followed there instructions for a PPTP connection ... it work first time with my TNAS ... no problem ...

Hope this helps others if they are looking for a VPN provider ... you may want to check if your provider has a guide for a NAS device ...