F2-421 - How to review and stop current running processes & services?

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
RSB123

F2-421 - How to review and stop current running processes & services?

Post by RSB123 »

Brand new F2-421.

How do I review and stop running processes or services? I can see them in Control Panel -> Resource Monitor -> Processes. But I cannot stop them in there? No option to.

I note it must be possible because elsewhere on this forum you discuss 'stopping processes' that are consuming resources:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=527&p=2165&hilit=r ... ices#p2165

The reason I ask is there is a specific process I need to stop but I don't know how. I tried copying 2.5 terrabytes of data from one drive on the tnas to the 2nd drive on the tnas, when suddenly about 1/10th of the way through the copy the browser page refreshed itself, and the copy progress is no longer displayed - yet I can see that the second drive is filling up, therefore I know the copy process is still running. How do I now stop it?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-421 - How to review and stop current running processes & services?

Post by TMroy »

We are going to add a file task manager for the web file copy control. But at present, you can stop the process from menu unless you can ssh login and kill the process by commands.

Or you can only restart your tnas to stop the process now. Sorry for that.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RSB123

Post by RSB123 »

Thanks. Yeah a file task manager with ability to monitor existing copy transactions and processes, and ability to kill them would be good.

But.. in the mean time SSH. Yeah this isn't working either. Can you advise please?

- I SSH to TNAS, as Admin and password.
- I viewed all processes using TOP to find the PID for copy0 -cp that I believe is the process. In this case I think the copy process must be -cp and the PID of 30738.
- But when I try using the KILL command it says operation not permitted. See below. Any ideas how to sort this please?

[admin@TNAS-0137BB 1596583151]$ kill -9 30738
-bash: kill: (30738) - Operation not permitted
RSB123

Post by RSB123 »

I think maybe the problem is, I need to access SSH as root? Because the -cp process looks like it's a root process not 'admin' user.

But if that is the case, how can I access SSH with root permission without hacking the TNAS?
RSB123

Post by RSB123 »

Ahh problem solved. Root uses same authentication as admin. Got it! haha! Thanks again! :D