F2 210 Not Functioning But Green Lights On

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
mike268

F2 210 Not Functioning But Green Lights On

Post by mike268 »

Good Day

I'm the proud owner of a F2 210 and until recently I'm unable to access it via IP Address and ONLY via the Desktop PC Software while the drives are removed.

How do I reinstall TOS without formatting or loosing data on my drives. I'm currently running 2 drives with one backup up the other and has about 750 Gigs of information on it.

Thanks in Advance
mike268

Re: F2 210 Not Functioning But Green Lights On

Post by mike268 »

Correction. Its a Terramaster F2 220 not a F2210.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Here is the instructions to reinstall TOS.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423

But before you do that, please provide more specific about what happened to your tnas, or I am not sure a reinstallation will help.

By the way, what drive you installed in your tnas?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mike268

Post by mike268 »

My best guess is lightning or a power failure. I am not sure what to do as the Desktop PC Software gives me two options. One is to reinitialise/reboot but it wont reboot fully with the drives in place, the other option is to reinstall TOS but it prompts that you may experience data loss.

I am not sure if the TNAS itself or the drives got damaged. The Desktop PC Software finds the TNAS easily and the light for the drives are GREEN after re insertinging them.

Any suggestions ?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Reinstall TOS will not cause any data lost, you can go for reinstall.

BUT during re installation, if you get a menu ask you create a raid, then you need to stop the installation immediately, to continue you will lose your data.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mike268

Post by mike268 »

Thanks, Re installation of TOS was fast and simple and device appears to be working normal again.