F5-221 and USB 2.5G LAN Adaptor

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
SteveEtho

F5-221 and USB 2.5G LAN Adaptor

Post by SteveEtho »

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading my network to 2.5GbE so thought I'd pick up the Terramaster A-USBLAN-2.5G for my F5-221, however after pluging the device in it doesn't seem to be detected in TOS 5.1.37. I was assuming a new interface would show up along the lines of "USB 1" or such but I still only see Lan 1 & Lan 2 under Interfaces. I hooked the adaptor up to my Windows 11 PC just to test it was working OK and it was recognized as a 2.5GbE network adaptor and worked fine. Also tried reinstalling TOS as a long shot but still no joy.

Any suggestions as to why the NAS can’t see it?
crisisacting

Re: F5-221 and USB 2.5G LAN Adaptor

Post by crisisacting »

Check through SSH to see if it's even detected using the following command:

Code: Select all

lsusb --verbose
Also, check your built-in Ethernet ports, as some people have mentioned having an upgraded 2.5 Gbps adapter already present, out of box; use this command during the same SSH session:

Code: Select all

lspci | grep Ethernet
SteveEtho

Post by SteveEtho »

Looks like it is being detected as I see this in the output:

SteveEtho

Post by SteveEtho »

Didn't notice there was another thread in this board with the exact same problem. Looks like it doesn't work with TOS 5 only TOS 4. Bit annoying since I'm not going to be downgrading too use it. Does any one from TerraMaster know if this will be resolved?
SteveEtho

Post by SteveEtho »

After a lot of testing various version of TOS and many, many factory resets the latest version of TOS I can run that will still successfully show the Terramaster USB 2.5GbE adaptor in the network interfaces is 5.0.176 any attempt to update past this point to a TOS 5.1 version causes the device to disappear from the Network interfaces window in TOS desktop.

At least there is a way to get a Version of TOS 5 running, hopefully at some point it can be made to work with a TOS 5.1 version.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Your persistence in verifying the problem is admirable. We will verify the issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SteveEtho

Post by SteveEtho »

Thanks for looking into this.