F5-221 System Fans not running atomatic

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
dj13990

F5-221 System Fans not running atomatic

Post by dj13990 »

Hello,

I noticed my system was running very hot and also got a few temperature warnings. I had the system on automatic fans, but the speed was low. I turned them to High and it solved the temp issue. I thought maybe it was an issue with the system update I had performed a few days before. I was on 5.1.34. I updated to 5.1.37 and I still have the same issue. The automatic fans don't seem to work for me. Any thoughts?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-221 System Fans not running atomatic

Post by TMzethar »

We haven't detected anything like this. We suspect that the problem may be with the fan itself or with an older version of the BIOS. Does the fan also spin at low and medium speeds? You can contact the technical support email to try to update a newer version of the BIOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dj13990

Post by dj13990 »

Thanks. I just emailed them
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Do you remember how much temperature and how many speeds you saw? It is normal for the hard disk itself to have some temperature during operation.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)